Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Rex One! - Part Two

I come on this forum to help and assist because I enjoy doing those things. I get along and enjoy conversing with the vast majority here. IÂ’ve become acquainted with quite a few of you. Occasionally I come across someone who I just canÂ’t seem to make happy. To fully understand what IÂ’m about to describe you should probably read Hey RexOne Part 1 (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52756) . IÂ’m locking that thread down to preserve its integrity as I feel its important that you guys have access to it. If I didnÂ’t lock it the thread starter which IÂ’m about to address below could just easily kill the thread. Counter censorship in this case if you will. Feel free to continue your posting on this subject following my posts on this new thread.
    Ok with that out of the way.... myself and my staff here at Rex do everything we can daily to insure every customer has a positive experience, gets the right stuff on time, and gets accurate information in response to their questions. WeÂ’re not 100% as I stated earlier. Most who know me know I will bust my ass to get anyoneÂ’s problem they might encounter solved to their satisfaction. Most the time it comes to me in a PM, email, or phone call and we handle it... done deal and you never hear about it on the forum. Occasionally someone gets overzealous and posts it on the forum before attempting to solve it directly. We deal with that too on the rare occasions it happens. What I have a problem with however is when someone comes on the forum with malicious intent of damaging my reputation and my business which IÂ’ve spent the past 30 years building, under false pretense with no basis for complaint. Normally IÂ’m a pretty complacent person and donÂ’t get too ruffled easily on the forum. However when threatened with damage to my business by someone whoÂ’s just screwing off, my demeanor and resolve change immediately and dramatically. I donÂ’t take crap off anyone if the crap is not earned or due.
    Now having said that let me get to the subject at hand. The thread started by calperf19 a.k.a. Brant Kinnsch who frequents this board, realjetboats, and Banderlog. Now although I donÂ’t know Brant, heÂ’s quite an interesting character with his accusations and implications of the interference weÂ’ve allegedly caused his business. HereÂ’s a copy of BrantÂ’s opening post....
    -----------------------------
    Brant wrote:
    Mike,
    WTF is everything going to shit over there? Try to order something it 's f@#ked up! Say you want it 3 day delivered it gets there a week later. Order something thats in stock and it's not there? order something thats not in stock and it's there. Jeez get a handle on this shit some of us depend on you for our businesses and it's getting bad. And what about catalogs got a lot of my customers bitching about that. They are saying there going to CP performance now. Dude do something!
    Later BK
    ---------------------
    HereÂ’s a copy of Brants bio as posted on Banderlog forum...
    ---------------------
    Brant wrote:
    Hi, I'm Bk thats Brant Kinnsch For short I go by that because usally people will hack up my name pretty badly! My last name is pronounced Kinch. Im a electro mechanincal engineer. I worked in the semiconductor equipment field for seventeen years and when the market bottom fell out I went to my first love high performance! I started a dyno shop called southern california trick toy's I did cars boats pwc I was featured in all of the magazines in the late 90's and ended up closing the business due to health problems. I then was hired by Delco electronics as a consultant on their concept vehicles. I continued on with GM hughes electronics at the reaserch laboratory that I had worked for the prior seven years. Then I ended up being the racing product MGR. for paxton superchargers. I ran the product development dept along with sales and tech support. I am currently on disability for four broken verterbre in my back. I do a little side work tuning cars and building motors. Currently trying to decide what to do @ 40 years old? having my mid life crisis early!!! They are giving me 16,000 dolars to reeducate my occupation and still don't know what to do!! Any Idea's? Hobbies I live to here about jet boats that smoke V-drives! I was the tech director for the pacific street car assc. WWW.psca racing.com I teched for the world ford challenge in st louis and was the crew chief for rick head's turbo charged corvette ( Owner of Inovative turbo systems ) Grew up in so cal and Lived in san jose for awhile. Been in ca. most of my life. I'm single my ex decided to be a erotic dancer at the hollywood tropicana!
    ------------------------
    Back to my post...
    Now its obvious to me Brant is a smart guy technically with lots of high performance experience. Unfortunately he apparently got shortchanged on common sense with an extra dose of arrogance as evidenced by his posts both here and on realjetboats. Contrary to BrantÂ’s implication that he is a Rex Marine dealer, he is not. He is an individual doing side work who has bought one item from us this year a few months ago (jet impeller puller). We have no orders for Brant and have had no other orders from Brant since that purchase which Brant paid by credit card.
    Now me being concerned about every customer initially saw Brants post and immediately became involved in attempting to fix whatever the problem was (hence my earlier post on this). That was prior to any research. The funny thing was Brant was very non-specific and just wanted to come back talking more shit about Rex Marine and not addressing any specific problem. Then all of a sudden up pops member SquirtinThunder a.k.a.: Jim Rich. Jim comes off with some more alleged problems of mis-shipments and us interfering with his business because of non-delivery of some poxy putty. So IÂ’m thinkin ok, just a coincidence. I go on and post and apologize and offer to correct whatever problems weÂ’ve created for these guys. Funny thing was although Jim came on and did post an apology post, both he and Brandt continued talking shit never allowing me to address any specific problem. I found this all a little unusual but wasnÂ’t overly suspicious of anything more than a misunderstanding had taken place of some kind that I was likely not going to be able to fix beyond an apology.
    Then out of the blue I get a tip that these guys are buds and are just screwing with Rex Marine. Then a link is posted linking to a thread on realjetboats describing the planning of the Rex Marine bashing attack. At this point, the astute individual I try to be, IÂ’m thinkin to myself someone just went beyond the point of no return on taking advantage of my good intentions. So I do some research, figure out who these clowns are, research their history with Rex Marine, and here we are.
    IÂ’ve described Brant above, now for SquirtinThunder aka Jim Rich (Code Blue Racing):
    No recent purchases from Rex Marine. Last purchase was in 2001 when he lived in North Carolina. Jim recently moved to Bullhead according to info on realjetboats.com. Jim had contacted us last week pricing poxy putty but did not place any order. Jim also grilled someone here pretty hard on our late catalog (hence his on the rag comment in his post). You guys can be the judge of whoÂ’s on the rag based on all this material.
    In summary, I and my excellent staff here will bust our asses as stated above to service customers and solve their problems that occur in the normal course of any business. What I will not allow to happen is be trod on my internet bullies that think their crap doesnÂ’t stink and that they are free to unduly damage my business and my reputation with their arrogance and false claims of error on the part of Rex Marine. And I would never post this if I was not 100% sure it is the case. I give everyone every benefit of the doubt.
    So Brant and Jim, internet tough guys hiding behind screen names now exposed, throwing allegations of Rex Marine mishandling of your non-existent orders etc, etc, etc.... you can end this right here by not escalating your foolishness further or you can continue to harass me and Rex Marine on this and/or other forums, your choice entirely. IÂ’m willing to call it a day and let it go at this point. If you press me and create further damage and confusion to my business with my customers though be aware, there will be a price to pay. I will not stand by and let damage occur. Prepare to defend yourselves legally if you choose this course. And those who know me well know I never bluff when IÂ’m not joking around. To clarify, this post is not a joke. You have threatened my business and my livelihood with your false accusations. My advice to you is let it end right here right now and not let me see one more post anywhere on this subject.
    For any doubters, to follow are screen shots of the planning of this little charade on realjetboats. I figured the thread would just go away if I didnÂ’t make a copy so here you go. By the way Jim and Brant, find yourself another supplier. I donÂ’t deal with people whoÂ’s only intent is to cause havoc and damage. IÂ’ll make sure my friend Mike Mays at CP gets a link to this thread as well. No reason to think he wonÂ’t be next on your list. Have a wonderful day.

Kachina26
    Class act all the way! Most folks would have just either let it die or come back with profanities and empty threats. You have handled this beautifully.

superdave013
    nice!

MAXIMUS
    Mike I'm sorry you felt it necessary to take time out of your day to clear that up! Those duche bags (in my opinion) don't deserve that kind of attention... Besides being a forum nazi & despite what the upper crest has to say about you, I think you do a good job keeping the squirt guys out of the outboard section etc... Lets not waste any more time on this...

Jordy
    Very nicely done Mikey.

miller19j
    Mike,
    I admire you professionalism in dealing with this matter.
    I thought that the accusations sounded false. As I have stated in the past and will reiterate now I have never had a bad Rex Marine experience. The staff have always been friendly and helpful and my parts have always arrived within two days usually the next day and that is with standard shipping.
    Keep up the good work Mike!

Jordy
    Now that is why he is the head fry cook...

miller19j
    Originally posted by jordanpaulk
    Now that is why he is the head fry cook... I am apprenticing under his fine tutelage. Soon I will be the head fry cook!

OutCole'd
    Great post Mike!!
    You are safe as Manager of that McDonalds, Jordy & Miller don't have a chance.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast