Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Odd watew leak????

nowheels
    When I am crusin 3500-4000 rpm all is good, but when I nail it the bildge fills up in a hurry. I dont know where the water is comming from. I replaced the packing, but no help.
    Any ideas on where it might be comming from.
    Thanks

Floored
    check the hose from the pump to engine, when pressurized at full throttle they will sometimes cause severe problems, I darned near sunk a jet from that line popping in the middle of a lake.

MudPumper
    check the bolts on the bowl, if you lost the gasket or seal, water can go through the threads and into the boat. I had some work done on mine and the guy forgot to put the bowl gasket on and water was pouring out of the bolt holes.

nowheels
    Thanks for the ideas. I think I have these covered as well. I replaced the line from the pump to the to the engine with steel pipe and braided steel line. The pump is set back so if the bowl was leaking it would be outside the boat.
    Anybody else please chime in.

1Bahnerjet
    O.K. not good new's
    it could be leakin' around the intake piece (you know where the loader grate sit's in)
    if that's it you will have to re-set it (not Fun)
    if you do a Search you will find step by step instructions.

Floored
    put a few inches of water in boat and climb under and look for a leak. put in plug!!!

Hallett19
    if it leaks only when you get on it, then you probably have a problem somewhere in the cooling system. The only other thing is if you have a crack somwhere in the hull, it will mostly take water on when you are at speed. Check the bottom for a hairline fracture, check the whole boat, espiecaially near the middle. If its not the hull, it could be absolutley anywhere. freeze plugs, cooling lines, cracks in your exhaust....... good luck !

kp216
    It sounds to me like it's in the cooling somewhere. How about taking a buddy along and have them search for the leak while you're gettin' on it? If it's filling up as fast as you say it is, it ought to be real easy to spot.

dgie
    Sure pays off being part of this board,,,,I am having the same exact problem. Burned out my bilge pump yesterday getting the water out. Mine fills up when I am getting on it , yet nothing when I am sitting idle. I am suspecting the cooling lines also. Floored I was also thinking of doing what you said about filling it up and crawling under to look for a leak. Good idea, reverse engineering.

nowheels
    Originally posted by kp216
    It sounds to me like it's in the cooling somewhere. How about taking a buddy along and have them search for the leak while you're gettin' on it? If it's filling up as fast as you say it is, it ought to be real easy to spot.
    I can't get anybody to get close to this beast when I'm runnin at wot. I can't figure out why.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...in_boat_01.jpg
    I did the water in the boat and there is a very small leak around the intake but I don't think it 's causing the problem(one drip per min)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast