Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayer thoughts

eKolbe
    I know no one from the board, but know there are good people here as I have lurked for a year or two to provide some laughter in an otherwise mundane work day. Just need to get some thoughts out of my head. Sometimes itÂ’s easier to say things to strangers then family, were everyone (as former military) is looking to you for strength and glimpses that everything is going to be OK. Last night I finally got the phone call I feared. My nephew in Afghanistan with 25th ID was on a mission when his hummer got hit with a land mine. The info was sketchy and still is until he gets to Germany where we can get a better update. But what we do know is he has 3rd degree burns to his face and body. HeÂ’s a good kid with a young wife. He couldnÂ’t wait to get home and get a boat to get back into wakeboarding, then maybe become a teacher. He grew up rough in Riverside, but joined the Army so he could have a way out. Because he knew he was better then that and wanted to be all that he could be. Also, to break the family cycle and show his younger siblings youÂ’re not destined to follow those footsteps. His young wife, is pretty, smart with a great head on her shoulders and a strong family background. She wouldnÂ’t go boating this weekend in fear she would miss a call because she knew he was out on a mission. She recently returned to Arizona after graduating in Hawaii (where they were stationed) to look for a position as an accountant and buy a home for when he returns. When he left his wife asked him if he wanted to freeze some of his sperm just incase something happened, she would still give him a child, but he declined because he didnÂ’t want to put her through it. But from the second he got over there, in his first letter he regretted that decision. All mail is read going out so he couldnÂ’t give specifics but he just mentioned it was worse then hell. He was no weakling, he loved the army and responsibility of being a leader. Originally was with 82nd airborne out of Basic and then asked and went to Ranger School. He loved the field and the more miserable the conditions the happier he was. In his first 2 missions, 3 of his friends died. 2 to land mines, 1 by a 7-8 YOA kid that ran up to them and opened fired. In the same letter he asked for us to send children vitaminÂ’s so that they can hand they out to kids they meet. He himself stepped on a land mine and was already lucky to dodge death once. Several others had committed/tried to commit suicide because they couldnÂ’t deal with idea of going on another mission.
    Right now, IÂ’m just hoping, praying for the best. That the first information was a worst case scenario and when things clean up they may not look so bad as before. I ask if you get the chance today to say prayer for them?
    DonÂ’t put off telling someone how you feel about them today. Or if you get the chance to help someone go for it, you never know whoÂ’s on the other end.
    Thanks,

NastyOne
    Sorry to here about that
    Its a shame that we have to put good people in a piece of shit county We should have all sat back and just nuked the place.

Big_Gunz_
    Sorry for the bad news, our prayers and thoughts go out to your family.

welk2party
    I hope he comes back in good health and my thoughts go out to them.

dmontzsta
    My thoughts are with him, I have a feeling everything will be alright.

vdrivenman
    Our division received information that our Capt. who is a Sgt. Major is in iraq. we will be praying for him.
    we hold a devotional/prayer meeting on fridays
    here in our Sheriff's Department. we will pray for your (nephew)his healing and return.
    Pray works and I fully beleive in it.
    consider it DONE!

HCS
    Originally posted by NastyOne
    Sorry to here about that
    Its a shame that we have to put good people in a piece of shit county We should have all sat back and just nuked the place.
    I don't think we dropped enough bombs either.
    Shock and awe my ass. I would have blown the shit out of that country
    and wouldn't have stopped until all those head choppers were
    dead.
    Like this (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ir_Support.wmv)
    And my prayers are with you and your family.

vdrivenman
    Our division received information that our Capt. who is a Sgt. Major is in iraq. we will be praying for him.
    we hold a devotional/prayer meeting on fridays
    here in our Sheriff's Department. we will pray for your (nephew)his healing and return.
    Pray works and I fully beleive in it.
    consider it DONE!

ColeTR1
    The young man is a HERO just to go there! They all are! ItÂ’s so important to support our troops. My thoughts are with him and his family.

Ultra5150
    Can you give us his info when you get it?? Or maybe yours so the Hot Boat community can send cards or care packages, and you could forward them to him. I know it's not much, but a card and some cookies do go along way when you are far away from your home and family. I am sure that alot of people on these boards appreciate what he is doing for us and would like to let him know while he recuperates.
    Maybe put it up as a sticky??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast