Miller Custom Boats

repo man
    lets see some more pics.

dmontzsta
    such a tease.

smalls
    One of the new Wood Decks?

coolchange
    Am I lookin at oak stringers with mahogany caps?
    You're really startin to piss me off.

BOAT ANCHOR
    That's one of my best friends old boat. It's a 1970 Hondo with a 9 foot long deck. It was purchased in 1975 from Eddie Drugman, who along with Art Dufault (D&D Marine) did the wood decks for Hondo in the early to mid 70's. These guys also did the wood deck on Ray Caselli's 007 Panic Mouse, the wood deck boat he had just before his last boat. At the time my buddy purchased the boat, it had a 350 chevy with an early Edlebrock Tunnel Ram and two 600 Hollys, with velocity stacks. It had Glenwood wet exhaust manifolds, with Glenwood cast aluminum over the transom pipes (rotated 90 deg.so the bell ends almost touched each other). It had a belt driven Jabsco water pump, fiberglass fuel tanks, Finish Line cavitation plate and hardware (THE GOOD FINISH LINE STUFF THAT ONLY LEONARD BUILT), Caselli 007 steel strut, fin, rudder, and down pedal. It had 2 Hondo fiberglass seats, Casale V drive with 3% gears and press nuts in the V drive cases, Jones mechanical tach in the dash, and ss (teflon) plumbing. The motor installation was done on rails, with billet motor plates, rudder support, strut support, and a different style of V drive braces, which were cut out of 3/8 aluminum plate and bolted on one end, horizontally to a piece of angle aluminum, which was bolted to the V drive plate, and the other end bolted to a piece of angle aluminum and horizontally mounted to the stringer. It was done this way to miss the inboard steering cables. Most all of the billet aluminum was black anodized and had not been polished before anodize, so it came out a flat black finish. The boat had mahogany floors and laminated stringers (mahogany, ash, mahogany) and matched the gunwales of the boat which were done the same way. The boat was painted forest service equipment green (Drugman also worked for the forest service) with a black target up the side of the boat. The boat came on a Competitive tandem trailer painted black, with black fenders, chrome reverse wheels with baby moon hub caps. My buddy named the boat "Wood Pecker". The boat was mostly run at Pine Flats, Millerton, Success, San Antonio and Lake Topaz, with a few outings to Castaic, and Pyramid. My buddy sold the boat in 81 or 82 to purchase a V drive cruiser. The boat was sold to a friend's nephew in the Santa Ynez Valley. This new owner painted the boat white with a red/gold /blue band around the cap line. Lost track of the boat after that, until I came across pictures of it in the Images section this past weekend. I would like to talk to the current owner of this boat if possible. If you see this post, please contact Scott at (805) 584-3033. Thanks

Miller Custom Boats
    Am I lookin at oak stringers with mahogany caps?
    You're really startin to piss me off.
    Walnut caps.

Miller Custom Boats
    dmontzstasuch a tease.
    Sorry, I'm working. I'll make time to post more photos of this boat.

Miller Custom Boats

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast