Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gelcoat... ..final answer?>:eek:

Charley
    First of All... I don't see alot of people doing this so if this is rude or uncool to be doing this, I'll apologize in advance........ Gel coats are forever and I don't wanna blow it. I'm posting this here to my Cat's and Tunnels brotherhood and I'm looking for honest opinions so thoughts and suggestions, good or bad are certainly welcome....... On my last boat I was stuck between going with a Blue or yellow orange Fade and the wife and I literally flipped a coin one day.. blue won...... I really wanted that Orange boat so... That part of the boat is set The colors translated are a Orange is a 1/2 tangerine 1/2 Burnt Orange mix to Burn't Orange Fade and a medium Gray to Charcoal grey fade with metallic pearl.....Pins I'm not sure about.... maybe platinum.... The lines in the motor hatch are not the design I want, it was a last minute fill and will likely be an interior design in the padded deck.
    Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions... everytime I think I know what to do I wake up more confused!
    PS Toby.... if you like it
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...81_002-med.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...81_001-med.jpg

Hustler
    Go with it Charley, I think it's bad ass

Toomstone
    make the grey a blue fade

Havasu Hangin'
    I like it. I wonder how that would look on the Cig?
    How about vinyl? That way when you change your mind...

Bre
    If we were to ever have the money for a DCB I would hope we could get a gel scheme that is unlike everyone elses. To me that looks like everyone elses cat right now. The top looks different... but the sides are the same as every other boat, just diff colors. I don't like the colors on the hatch too much..but I don't hate it so???? Like the colors orange and grey though So there's our .02

Kilrtoy
    What Bre said is true,
    The wife and I think it is bad ass, but we also agree, make the grey a blue and it will be off the hook,
    It is hard to come up with your own, never, ever, ever, done before paint job.
    The few minor tweaks you did will be unique to you guys LOOKS GREAT. Im sure the fades will be off the hook...

Kilrtoy
    Charley, This is what we are talking about...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...oats44-med.jpg

Charley
    WOW!!! When I first saw that boat at Daves shop I wasn't sure if I liked it, but when I saw it in the Sun and running it seemed alot more in it's place!

Charley
    Originally posted by Bre
    If we were to ever have the money for a DCB I would hope we could get a gel scheme that is unlike everyone elses. To me that looks like everyone elses cat right now. The top looks different... but the sides are the same as every other boat, just diff colors. I don't like the colors on the hatch too much..but I don't hate it so???? Like the colors orange and grey though So there's our .02
    Bre you are right the hatch isn't what it needs to be...please ignore that part...
    Part of the reason I went with Grey is because you don't see it with Orange alot..I am Trying to be different..Deano's old 29 is the only one that comes to mind... DCB's F decks have alot of contours and humps to them so some gel schemes just dont seem to work (my opinion)..... The rounded swoops on the back of the boat really seem to work( Klugmans boat is a good example
    This is why I'm fighting with myself on it... I want it to be unique but then again why totally change what works... I'd rather have it bitchen and beautiful than ugly and unique. or would I?? I'm confuse lol
    Please keep it flowin

Charley
    Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
    I like it. I wonder how that would look on the Cig?
    How about vinyl? That way when you change your mind...
    Thanks man
    I've been told by the owner of DCB, My best friend (works at DCB) and My wife that vinyl would be a mistake
    personally.... I like the idea but I fear it would be an upstream swim

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast