Thread: Marine vinyl?

maxwedge
    Anybody know if there is a way to tell marine vinyl from the regular stuff. I have a roll (15 yards or so) of white vinyl that came with a boat I bought a few years back, guy said it was "marine" but it has no markings on the back. I thought all the marine stuff was stamped. I was going to use it to cover some side panels and speaker boxes, but I would rather not waste the time if it's going to disintegrate in after a year or two.

1978 Rogers
    didn't even know there was a difference. I'll have to ask for it when I have my seats done.

Devilman
    I tried calling my interior guy as he just redid everything in my boat. I thought it was something to do with resisting the moisture & UV rays, but who knows for sure.... I'll check with him tomorrow & post up if you don't have an answer by then.....

maxwedge
    Yeah the marine stuff is designed to resist moisture and UV, but my problem is that the stuff I have doesn't have any markings on it at all. I don't know if this means is isn't "Marine" quality or if it might be just un-marked "Marine" stuff. For some reason I thought the marine was all marked on the back.