Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Hand Held Gps?for Boat

olbiezer
    i have a little yellow etexx.......works great and has a max speed section on it.......dont confuse water proof with unsinkable lol working on my second one as first one sunk like a rock......no it sank faster then a rock!!!!!!! water color here is a lovely turd brown and vis is about 3 inches so bye bye etexx hello new one........

Moneypitt
    Imp 1, check your PMs..............MP

Amazon.com has the yellow Garmin eTrex GPS on closeout for $85 with free shipping! :2purples:
    thats a great deal, target has the same unit for the same price as well. It does what you need.

wet77
    the mount is from gander mountain but it is made by ram mounts
    http://www.ram-mount.com/

Red Horse
    Garmin GPS 72. 160 or so bucks. Made for the marine enviroment, floats, water proof. I have one and beat the hell out of it and it has never let me down after about 5 years. My Dad had a magellen and it died in a storm. Screeen went blank. Wasnt as waterproof as they advertised.

Yellow etrex. Works great, cheap, runs forever on two double AA batteries, has about everything you'd need, doesn't have a bunch of stuff you don't need, easy to use, max speed memory etc. etc. Mine's dead nutz on with my truck speedo. 1 second speed refresh (which is as fast as some of the more expensive ones). I highly recommend it.

76 Sleekcraft
    I have the bottom of the line $99 eTrex. For use in the boat it's great. Not a lot of screens to screw around with; just the basics. Instant, average, & Max speed, odometer, waypoint marking, etc. Simple, basic, and to the point. Plus, if I screw up & lose it, I'm only $99 sad.
    Hemicbx
    Thats why I have one like that too!
    I think I got mine at Target on sale for like $ 79.95

WUTWZAT
    I have the bottom of the line $99 eTrex. For use in the boat it's great. Not a lot of screens to screw around with; just the basics. Instant, average, & Max speed, odometer, waypoint marking, etc. Simple, basic, and to the point. Plus, if I screw up & lose it, I'm only $99 sad.
    Hemicbx
    I agree here totally, its water proof and cheap and easy to use and if something happens to it, only $100 at Target and easily replaced.
    Jason

IMPATIENT 1
    SWAPPED THE MAGELEN IN FOR THE ETREX TUES. NITE AND GOT MONEY BACK! THIS ETREX IS PERFECT FOR BOATS.EASY TO USE AND LARGE DISPLAY.THANKS FOR THE ADVISE GUYS,I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THE ETREX NOW.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123