Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AGGRESSOR DUAL PUMP TEST???

HBjet
    Chet and Miller Killer, where the hell am I bashing, or ridiculing Aggressor? Huh? You guys are WAY too much. All I'm asking is for some test results because I'm just as curious as the next guy. Did I ever say it will not work? NO! I just want to know what the deal was on Wed.
    Miller Killer, where am I disrespecting Aggressor? Does my post sound like I'm trying to pick a fight? Calm down big fella, save that energy for the Elsinore. Your wrath may be nothing but a vision of hope. All you are doing is looking like an AssHole.
    Chet, I have no problem with Aggressor. Just curious, like you are right?
    Before some of you Hot Headed people respond to my post, make sure you know what your going to say so you don't sound like you have your head up your ass. Thanks http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    BTW, I think this is the boat that was out there.
    http://home.socal.rr.com/boatbutts/TP.jpg
    Just how do I find this stuff one might ask http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    HB"Ridicule"jet

77charger
    Originally posted by RiverToysJas:
    RTJas - independant Berkley powered jet boat owner and webmaster with no connections to any pump manufacturer, re-manufacturer, or repair shop - past or present. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    just say youre a do it yourselfer but have all the blueprint and work done at the same place i do

Johnwithjm
    I don`t think HBJET is out of line in any way. He is just asking a ? Last time I checked this is america and your intitled to have an opinion. What ever pump works for you go with it. I have tried alot of pumps and some work better than others it depends on your set up and what works for you. Sounds like I might have to check out all these fast guys at Lake Elsinore
    [This message has been edited by Johnwithjm (edited February 08, 2002).]

RiverToysJas
    Originally posted by HBjet:
    http://home.socal.rr.com/boatbutts/TP.jpg
    No strakes? What year was that hull made? Is it just me or does that look odd to anyone else?
    RTJas

RiverToysJas
    Originally posted by 77charger:
    just say youre a do it yourselfer but have all the blueprint and work done at the same place i do
    That's a true statement!

HBjet
    Originally posted by RiverToysJas:
    Is it just me or does that look odd to anyone else?
    Yes, it does look odd, there are two pumps http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by HBjet:
    A buddy of mine at Lake Elsinore said Aggressor was there testing the dual pump setup on Wednesday in a Hawaiian hull and it couldn't even get out of the lagoon.
    Dave, is this true?
    HBjet
    HB now what does that sound like to you? To me... "couldnt even get out of the lagoon" sounds like ridicule. I am way to much?? Look in the mirror my friend. I am not the one who wont try different stuff on my boat. "Its all been tested before", just plain old BS.
    Chet
    [This message has been edited by ChetCapoli (edited February 08, 2002).]

HBjet
    Chet, it sounds like someone telling me that they were there, and then boat couldn't get out of the lagoon because it couldn't get on plain. How else would I say it. I was told, the boat couldn't get out of the lagoon, so why would I reword it? I didn't say "The Aggressor dual pump boat couldn't get out of the lagoon, they should have used Berkeley" Stop with the test my boat with this and then that when you have never done it yourself. So quit telling me what I should do when you should do it before you push it on everyone else, you might have some dissappointed customers Chet.
    BTW, please don't turn this topic into the ones you live for, We've said our pieces more then once here, drop it as I have and try to be somewhat productive.
    HBjet
    [This message has been edited by HBjet (edited February 08, 2002).]

Kwicherbichen
    Originally posted by Johnwithjm:
    I don`t think HBJET is out of line in any way. He is just asking a ? Last time I checked this is america and your intitled to have an opinion. What ever pump works for you go with it. I have tried alot of pumps and some work better than others it depends on your set up and what works for you. Sounds like I might have to check out all these fast guys at Lake Elsinore
    [This message has been edited by Johnwithjm (edited February 08, 2002).]
    Hey John, I'll be on the tow crew if you need a hand. I'd like to see that Crusader run.
    Just a side note
    I don't really have a jet preference so to speak but I have been to the Aggressor Factory in Gardena. It is a huge foundry that makes some pretty impressive pump stuff. A lot of it I couldn't even tell what it was or what it did but it looked cool. I spoke with Dave and he gave me the full tour and showed me some of the things that set Aggressor apart from other jetdrives. Of course I'm no expert, so a lot of it was Greek to me. I can tell you that Dave is very passionate about making the best product for boaters period. I also got a peek at the #2 version of the double pump. It's basically 2 full pumps occuping one inlet and driven via a gearbox. It's kinda odd looking because, well..........you just don't see that kinda thing everyday. On the other hand it looks pretty bad ass with 2 pumps sticking out of the transom. Aparently version #1 is for boats up to 600 hp and #2 is for boats over 600 hp. I'm not 100% sure how it's gonna work out in the end so don't quote me on that one.
    Anyway, I had a good time on my little trip to Aggressor and would suggest the same for anyone that interested in pump development. Just call Dave and ask.
    I haven't heard any details from this test that HBjet is talking about but I did hear about a different test that happened about 3 weeks ago. It was done on a smaller boat with a V-6. It apparently ran pretty good according to a local boat manufacture.
    Brian

Payton
    I wonder who will have the first sucessful test? I understand Harold Bruce developed the twin intake and brought the idea to Agressor. Harold is making it so people can buy the kit and put it with what ever pump they want. Makes sense to me.
    If a person is running a Berkley, they only have to buy 1 more pump and the twin intake and gearbox kit.
    Of course, I don't think Agressor likes that to much. So the marketing race is on.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast