Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple pics from the dyno

flat broke
    Last Friday, we put my new 498 on the dyno to get it setup for the boat, and break her in. Spent a full day there, but had peak numbers by about 1pm. Everything we tried after that led us back to the setup we had earlier in the day.... but you can't fault anyone for trying to squeeze a couple more out of their mill
    As it turned out our home made tunnel ram top worked just fine with those Wilson shear plates. Even looked pretty sexy too
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...83P7300163.jpg
    The motor made and carried over 700ft lbs of torque from about 5100-5600 (don't have the sheets right in front of me) Yes its still about the HP, but with all the pissing that goes on here about that, I figgured I'd present a different aspect of the power. All in all I'd have to say that it had a lot to do with the now dubbed "Bad Mo Fo" head setup we opted to try in place of the normal AFR selection that would have topped the deck.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...300168-med.jpg
    It should help push that big heavy Spectra around fairly well If not it will look pretty good regardless.
    Chris

Boater Bill
    Hey Chris, that looks really nice, great numbers too! Looking forward to seeing her run in a couple of weeks.

MikeF
    Been waiting for some #'s
    700........That's ALOT!
    Well done everyone!

RandyH
    B-E-A-utiful
    Bruce Nolan
    What kind of Stud Girdles does DNE like to use. Just wondering.

BrendellaJet
    Chris, motor looks nice. Bitchen #s too. What compression you end up with?

Congrats on the pulls. The fabbed v/c's look great, and the blasted DNE is a cool touch.
    BTW, you wouldn't happen to have gotten a couple spare decals from Dave did you? I need another 5mph, and I was thinkin'......

flat broke
    Mike,
    Check with Randy on the stickers. Last I heard he might be able to get you the old ones off his old valve covers as there was a shiny new set of the updated model waiting for him at DNE.
    Chris

Chris,
    Good numbers. I have had good success with Johns heads. ? for you? Don't have to give the numbers but how much split between Int and Exh duration did you go?
    Chris

Originally posted by flat broke
    Mike,
    Check with Randy on the stickers. Last I heard he might be able to get you the old ones off his old valve covers as there was a shiny new set of the updated model waiting for him at DNE.
    Chris
    Used stickers are only good for 2-3 mph! I got THAT from Jack's loader.
    BTW, the coolers will be in my hands Thursday night before we leave. Let me know if you need me to take anything out.

flat broke
    Originally posted by cstraub69
    Chris,
    Good numbers. I have had good success with Johns heads. ? for you? Don't have to give the numbers but how much split between Int and Exh duration did you go?
    Chris
    Chris,
    I don't have the spec in front of me,and I'm going from a hazy memory on Friday, but I believe the number you are looking for is 0 Old school on this puppy. Ran lash around to see the effect of opening 1 side a little sooner/later than the other, and the motor didn't really seem to like it. Feel free to PM me with any other questions.
    Just to be straight, the heads aren't stock Canfields. There was a 3rd party CNC job done on them, but I'm sure even an as cast Canfield would be a great value in terms of $$$/airflow potential.
    Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast