Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A couple pics from the dyno

Chris,
    I was just curious and your thinking was not old school. When Petele designed that head for John, he put a killer exhaust port and with the ratio of exh. flow to intake and single pattern I have found works best.
    Chris

flat broke
    I'd love to take credit for the cam selection, but thats exactly what I paid Dave for. We had more than a few short talks about the exhaust port on that head and it is just awesome. Early on before the dyno, there were talks about running a shorter ratio rocker on the exhaust side on a pull or two, but we didn't get around to it on the dyno. It would have been nice to swap a 1.8 on the intake to see if we could take even more advantage of the efficiency, but because we're using offset drilled trunions on my intake rockers there wasn't time for that either Not a big deal though. I'd like to squeeze the bugger next year so I'd set that up on the dyno and we could take advantage of the time to do some other things that might prove worthwhile such as the rocker arms etc.
    I'm pleased as punch about the #s we pulled and can't wait to get it in the boat and see/feel the results. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to turn a little more RPM than Dave and my brother are thinking, as that would allow me to run a large enough impeller to keep crusing speeds reasonable while still having a decent top end.
    Chris

Infomaniac
    Very Nice.
    Congrats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12