Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boating with children

KineticoH20
    Have any of you ever went to the lake with just the young kids? if so how did you handle launching and loading the boat back up. Reason I ask is I want to take my 11 yr old on a dad/son trip this weekend, but don't kow how I would swing it.

advantage21
    i have taken my five year old out by myself just unload the boat tie it up park the truck and run back down to the dock, also depends where you go and how busy it is.

phebus
    I've done it with my daughter many times. I didn't let her leave my side, and it was just like when you launch and retreive your boat by yourself.
    You and your son back boat in, you both get out, get on boat and bring it to the dock, walk back to vehicle, park vehicle, and walk back to boat for a great day.

shadow
    Have any of you ever went to the lak with just the young kids? if so how did you handle launching and loading the boat back up. Rason I ask is I want to take my 11 yr old on a dad/son trip this weekend, but don't kow how I would swing it.
    I'd keep him in the truck with you at the launch ramp away from traffic,water "danger".Launch the boat tie it to the courtesy dock.Run up park the truck with your son then hustle back to the boat tied to the dock.
    Your son will always remember how "My Dad" launched and parked the truck all by himself.Have a great time out there with your boy.

KineticoH20
    I would be afraid that people would get bent at Windsor or Kathrines because I didn't pull the trailer out right away and tied up the ramp.

OutCole'd
    I would be afraid that people would get bent at Windsor or Kathrines because I didn't pull the trailer out right away and tied up the ramp.
    I would think that when it is busy there, that may get rough. What about the marina? I hate that place, but it might be easier there.

redneckgirl
    It should be no problem. I would do the boat like you were by yourself. Family radios would also be great for this. I would feel comfortable leaving my 12 yr old son at the dock with the boat by himself...but he is also a competition swimmer!!! Have a great time with your son!!!
    RNG

Charley
    Have any of you ever went to the lake with just the young kids? if so how did you handle launching and loading the boat back up. Reason I ask is I want to take my 11 yr old on a dad/son trip this weekend, but don't kow how I would swing it.
    Ive done this....try park moabi up near needles it has a sandy beach next to the ramp to just stab it into rather than taking the time to fender and tie up.... have fun with the boy...GREAT BONDING TIME!!!!

phebus
    No different than launching by yourself, you just have to be courteous, and avoid the busy times at the launch area. Launch early, and retreive either early afternoon, or after the late day rush.
    If your proficient, it really doesn't take much longer.

YeLLowBoaT
    When I was that age it was my job to put the plug in, hook up the gas and prime it...( OB) I also use to start the boat and "warm it up" if you have a I/o you could show him how to trun on the blower.... Even a small job will make them feel like they really did something.
    this is all assuming the ramp is not full of ppl.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast