Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Havasu Marina noise

beer hunter
    It sure would be nice if L.E. had check stations, and if you submitted to testing and passed, you would be given a sticker as proof that you complied.
    That's not a bad idea, maybe LE could do a simple compliance test in the mornings on Havasu between say, 7:00 and 9:00am on Saturday and Sundays.
    I know the Coast Guard Auxiliary does something similar to this at the local ramps in my area; it's more of an educational thing than anything else

havasuready
    I haven't actually tested my boat but I have a F-26 with a 572 and I put those shotgun looking IMCO silencers on it and the performance was not altered and it is a hell of alot quieter than my friends stock 496HO. I would reccomend those to anyone. It is one less reason they can screw with you!

Havasu Cig
    Your boat will not pass the test even with the Gatlins. A friend has them in his Cig with Teague 1000's and it helped but not enough.

Havasu_Dreamin
    We were at 96 db with the HP525. We installed a set of the Rex Power Silencers and we are now at 88 db per the CA law.
    Oh, and BTTT

bigkatboat
    I used to be a 'regular' in Parker, and before a "mobile" on the AZ. side we were always at "Riverland". I started in 1969 and in 1982 I was with a group of friends at Riverland. One of my 'bud's' had his 440 Mopar single carb boat in the water and had just made a pass, he was tying up as the "patrol boat" came up and told us: "This boat is too loud, and that boat (my 510/1471 runner bottom) better not be in the water when I come back by". "We have noise laws here and we are going to enforce them". Well, I built bigger boats and moved to Havasu, and the same problem has followed me here. We got a pontoon boat, so that we could tow the 'loud boats' out to "our own cove", but it seems as though the "noise police" are coming right after us. When this area was "out in no where", we did what we wanted, however this place is now "a city" and WE must bow down to all of the 'restrictions' of a 'civilized city'. This means that we follow the rules as they are 'enforced' or we move out to another place that is "out in nowhere", so we can run our loud boats in PEACE. I feel we can go fast, be safe, and do it with less noise. I think starting a fight is not the best way to begin, starting a program of information (laws, available mufflers, and ticket traps) will be to everyones benefit. I don't think the Marina, nor the Cops want any 'fights', they just have to follow the laws, just like we are going to do. Sooner or later.

Essex502
    BKB...the Marina seems to want to be the noise police as well as the length police. The management is going beyond the law and attempting to enforce a standard stricter than the state law for boats. What we are asking is fair and equal treatment to the letter of the law - no more no less (though less would be fine, I'm sure, for some of the louder boats). The management has set itself on a pedestal above the law saying they can dictate the usage of a facility located on leased land from the state. This is what we take exception to - their continued harasment of those they don't "like" - i.e. performance boaters...BTW...they do like the performance boaters when they fill their tanks at the fuel dock.

LakeRacer
    ..... I feel we can go fast, be safe, and do it with less noise. I think starting a fight is not the best way to begin, starting a program of information (laws, available mufflers, and ticket traps) will be to everyones benefit. I don't think the Marina, nor the Cops want any 'fights', they just have to follow the laws, just like we are going to do. Sooner or later.
    Yes, we can go fast, be safe and do it with less noise. But that is not the issue!. The issue is the marina's arbitrary, inconsistent and selective enforcement of policies that are in direct conflict with their concession contract with the State of Arizona. Period. Spin it any way you like...you will not fool us.
    Let me make one thing clear...we didn't pick this "fight." The marina did.

Havasu Cig
    I echo what LR and E502 have said. BKB, your motives are suspicious to me because you have stuck up for the Marina and Jeff in the past.
    Like was said, we want fair treatment for all boaters. I have had mufflers on my boat before most people cared but I can't launch because I am over the arbitrary length limit the Marina has put on boats that use their ramp.
    I have seen other boat longer than mine launch and when I questioned them about it I was yelled at by Jeff and given BS reasons as to why they were allowed to launch and I was not.
    I have also been told that the bigger boats draft to much water and the Marina needs to be dredged. First of all I was told this two years ago, and if this was the case why has the Marina not been dredged yet. And secondly the cruisers that they allow to launch and rent slips to weigh more that my performance boat.
    The facts is they don't want certain types of boats or people at their ramp. Jeff told me that "people that own big boats are assholes". Nice statement coming from the manager of a business. If one of my employees ever talked to a customer that way they would be fired.
    I plan on buying a pontoon boat for Havasu, but I still will do what I can to correct the problems at the Marina.

NOTALENT
    Damn..I hate this crap..I agree there should be laws about certain things..but what f**cking right do they have to tell us how we build our boats, cars etc..as long as we dont endanger the lives of others..theres no freakin big deal. Waisting time and money on such a petty issue. ITs ridicoulus. So old people are complaining..because it's to loud..we dont make laws or do anything about them driving unsafley or too slow...and sooo..many other issues. This is everyones world...Damn It..

HM
    The Noise laws are NUISANCE laws, not safety laws. At what dB does it become unsafe? The arbitrary and non-authorized enforcement of nuisance laws (without proper testing) is the detail that will break the Marina. The fact that they have an exclusive on Marina rights and on Public Land does not allow them to have the normal business rights. If they are illegally trying to enforce laws, arbitrarily specifically on large boats, they are violating laws to a harsher degree than those who violate a NUISANCE law - they would be considered vigilante.
    BKB - why is "Jeff" and the marina not checking for the rest of the safety gear? Life vests, fire extinguishers, throwables, horns, proper lighting, proper venitilation, enforcing minimum ventilation prior to start, not allowing boats without proper Coast Guard approved starters, carberators, alternators, and etc? These are truly safety issues - he claims to have safety in mind - bullshit - you know Jeff does not care about "safety".
    I don't go to Havasu much, and if I do, I use other facilities. But I can tell you I will not gas up at the Marina. Not a big loss for them, only 70 gallons at a time. But I will help to relegate the Marina Nazi as best I can. I have sent a letter and will offer any and all resources I can to knock the Marina Nazi off of his pedestal. Anyone who not only is a hater, but is so rude to people, needs to face the consequences of his behavior.
    Has anyone measure the dB of his tyrate profanity episodes?

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425