Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPAM 26' Sleekcraft Jet Boat For Sale

With great reluctance after being downsized yesterday afternoon, that I put my boat up for sale.
    I've attached one picture but can provide many others. Boat is strong, very strong:
    26' jet drive, hydraulic place diverter, 454. Interior and carpet is about a year old and continues to turn heads and receive compliments everywhere we take the boat.
    I'm located next to Lewisville Lake in North Dallas and obvioulsy have the time to take to people out on it (some humor left).
    George Marshall
    aka "Propless"

1978 Rogers
    Very nice.
    Will you deliver to the NW?

BadBahner
    How much are you asking?

Lightning
    The obvious initial reaction comment..." that's a big boat for a jet"

It is a big boat, but a dream to have on the water. Requires attention to manuevering in tight spots, but choppy to rough water, not a problem unlike most smaller boats.
    Again, if you like attention, you'll get it with this one. I've had it for years and I'm looking at all cash options (boat, items in the attic, and a load of camera goodies). My wife wants to keep the boat because of the fun we have in it, but as a father and husband my priorities are roof, food and a new job - boats are replaceable, families are not.
    As for the rpice?? Hell, we all have a zillion dollars in our boats, but I would like to get around $15K. Can I deliver? When I bought it I had it delivered to me from 1500 miles away for $1100 - yes I'll work with anyone at this point assuming my wife does not convince me otherwise to keep it.
    Here is another shot of the boat.

Yes, I'm confident that it is a jet! Picture is attached.

I'll try it again

Sleek26
    Propless,
    I feel for ya man. I have the same boat, just different color. I converted mine from I/O with a 350 to a Berkley/454. I've worked a whopping 13 days this year and 11 weeks last year. I sold my 76 Ferrari Dino,my custom pick up, and my 19 Ft. V-drive mini-Daycruiser but, will live in my Sleek 26 if I have to. Fortunatley my kids are grown and on their own so my situation is a little different. You gotta do what ya gotta do.
    Best Wishes
    Sleek26

DogHouse
    Propless, that's a beautiful boat. Very sorry to hear that you might have to part with it on undesirable terms. I'm curious to know how it runs and what kind of hp the 454 is making. Anyone know what it might take to get a big boat like this up near 80 mph with the jet?

Dog House -
    Many thanks for the comments. The boat does about 55 today. I would suspect it would take a completely different engine and possibly the duel jet drive to get it 80. Honestly, I'm not sure I would want to go 80 in a boat that was not designed for it. I suspect that this boat was designed for a maximum run around 55-60. I could be alll wet on this one.
    Keep the word being passed around, and I'll work with anyone on getting the boat to them. I'll be updating new photos this weekend - would like to understand how I go about posting several pictures on a reply - thanks!
    propless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast