Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate you all

Tom Brown
    Oh yes. The outside TV, right beside the propane tank for the shop.
    It's just a broken TV we threw out but for a couple of weeks sat behind the shop. Sorry I don't have anything more interesting.
    http://www.carlsonspeed.com/forums/u...1090136241.jpg

Thanks Tom for clearing that up. Now can you please tell us who dented the rain gutter?

Tom Brown
    The rain gutter was damaged in a plow wind.
    It seems that not many people have heard of plow winds but they are an extremely localized high force wind and at least as damaging as a tornado. The one that hit our area was roughly 100 feet wide, 140 mph in speed, and cleared a path that missed our property by about 50 feet. Our village was declared a disaster area. Heavy equipment and massive manpower was brought in to clear several thousand trees, the remains of houses, boats , cars, etc. Power is routed above ground here, so we were without power for three days while new poles were installed.
    This happened in March of this year.
    These winds come up extremely quickly with little time to react. My Dad was in the second floor of the cottage and he said he could feel the building rocking like he wouldn't have believed was possible but there was no way to leave as he would have been blown away. Because the cottage is cut into a hill, we built the walls with 2x10 studs on 12" centers to keep the dirt from crushing the house. It is an extremely sturdy building. That probably saved my Dad's life.
    So the answer... a tree hit the garage and peripheral branches damaged the gutter on the way through.
    More interesting than the TV story, eh?

Thanks Tom, I had not idea such a wind existed. I'm glad I asked the question now.
    Now can you clear up what the horizontal line is off the lower edge of the side window. That one has me baffled. Thanks

Debbolas
    I have never heard of plow winds either....................See you always learn something here at Hot Boat..................

sorry dog
    I like pink.

Tom Brown
    Hmmm... :idea2:
    The horizontal line has me baffled also. I guess I'll have to go outside and look to see what it is.

Tom Brown
    That line is a five foot long piece of spruce 1x2. Fastened to that strip with stapples (steel, not stainless ) is a light galvanized wire mesh. The wood is meant to stand the mesh off the exterior of the building. The boat and car block the view of a flowerbed that runs most of the length of the shop. In that flowerbed, right below that piece of wood, are planted some climbing plants. I believe the plants are sweet peas. While I'm unsure of the specific strain of sweet pea planted there, I am aware that several varieties exist. I will inquire further.
    Has anyone found Waldo yet? If you do, let me know and we'll kick his ass off the property.

Blown 472
    Flowers and peas? you go frolic in them you homo??? or do you sit and read dianle steel books in your chase lounge while you are out there in your garden? :smilespi:

Tom Brown
    Oh yes. I enjoy the lovely scent of the sweet peas when I'm in the flower garden knitting a tea cozy while relaxing in a chez lounge.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast