Thread: Want Tahiti Sidewinder Hull

oldphart
    Guys, I need help, last year July 4th weekend some sorry tweeker stole my dooley and boat a 1978 Tahiti sidewinder. this is a very wide body jet with a James bond windshield. a picture of it ran in jet tech in like Aug or Sept last year. Anyway the CHP nailed this guy 20 minutes after he obsconded but he rammed the cruiser then slammed the truck boat and trailer into a walnut tree and telephone pole. The engine, Jet, place diverter, interior and gauges are salvageable. the trailer and hull are not. I sure miss that boat. I bought a spectra to replace it but my heart is not in it.If anyone knows where one of these hulls resides please contact me @ KHAWES56@earthlink.net or this forum. If you don't want to sell I have a Sanger super jet hull I would trade. Thanks Guys

CoastGuardSteve
    Sorry to hear about your boat, some people truly lack class and integrity. You say your heart is not into the Spectra, are going to get rid of it? What size is it? I like you have a certain type of lust for a certain type of boat....It just happens to be Spectra.

SPECTRABRENT
    Oldphart,
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Let everyone one which Spectra model you own and how much your asking for it.
    You may want to post it on the Spectra Marine
    web site www.spectramarine.com. (http://www.spectramarine.com.) We have many people looking for Spectras.
    Good luck looking for your boat.
    Thanks,
    SpectraBrent

I think that I have what you are looking for. Is your hull the style with the rounded windshield and fiberglass engine cover? Anyways I have a 18'Marlin built by Superior Plastics in Oregon that I was redoing and a big storm came along and broke my windshield after spending some time looking for a windshield I moved on to a different project.All these style of boats are identical as several companies copied each other and some used the same molds Taylor,CobraJet,Marlin,etc.The Boat is missing pump,motor,etc.
    It is set up for a 455 and Berkeley 12JC. I will sell it and the trailer cheap to get it out of my yard if you or anyone else is interested.

oldphart
    Ok Hondo are you near nor cal? please send pics, price and location to Paul G. Hawes 2350 Mage Ave, Marysville, CA. 95901
    To the rest of you vultures if I find a sidewinder I,ll let the Spectra go for about 6 gs. Its a 21 ft day cruiser still in its 1975 glory. Fake wood in the jelcoat brown diamond tuck and brown shag. This boat lived in Tahoe from 1975 until I bought it last year not a scratch on it and the trailer had 1 trip on it from the dealer to its slip in tahoe then to the farmers barn where it resided until I bought it. has460 and jacuzzi WJ/B

CoastGuardSteve
    Vulture #1 at your service! If you find your boat maybe I can find mine. I think we can work together on this one for sure. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif Send me an e-mail with all of the info you can provide when the time comes. Happy hunting and good luck!

Nope I live 1992 miles from Marysville, CA in North West Arkansas. Sorry to get your hops up,

johnnie jetboat
    How much do you want for the super jet? What kind of shape is it in? I live in the valley about an hour and a half from you.

oldphart
    The super jet is a bare hull with tanks. new floor wood would make a nice rare project $800.00. It's a little small for me it's 18' but very narrow. has a Berkley transom ring. I bought it for the trailer under it.and don't need the hull.As a child of the 60's i just could'nt trash a Sanger.