Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate 36 Daytona Rigging

Charley
    How might one take a dip in the middle of the lake with one of these boats and be able to get back on?
    the giant purple swim step
    http://www.eliminatorboat.com/forumi...tonarigtab.jpg

Charley
    Bob wont have any problems.
    with 2900 hp?? I'd hope not! He has 700 more horsepower than any DCB has ever seen... If he isn't cabaple of pulling Mike's 34 that would be emberassing! Then again there is an 1800 hp open bow that runs 155.... hmm

Three Days Only
    If the boats are equal in power, Bobs biggest problem would be the eliminator holding together. They kind of have bad luck in that area!!!
    Here we go, this is going to be the west coast equivelant of
    Reggie (Fountain) Vs Mike (Outterlimits)

castaway
    [QUOTE=Three Days Only]If the boats are equal in power, Bobs biggest problem would be the eliminator holding together. They kind of have bad luck in that area!!!
    3DO, what are you referring to?? since when have eliminator's had trouble holding together?

Jrocket
    Ive seen 2 of them myself that cam apart.Still like them though.

Starloans
    [QUOTE=Three Days Only]If the boats are equal in power, Bobs biggest problem would be the eliminator holding together. They kind of have bad luck in that area!!!
    3DO, what are you referring to?? since when have eliminator's had trouble holding together?
    I read it on ***boat. It must be true!!!!!

Three Days Only
    Where do you want me to start, Lets see first the american racing 36' daytona last year sitting in front of the bare foot bar with a rear transom which was looking allitle more then torn up, I saw it with my own two eyes. Second the boat that peterson and leech ran in supercat, that boat constantly came apart and became the home depot resin repair kit spokes person boat even though they thrashed on it. Third, how many boats are returned to eliminator after short service with excessive stress cracks or delamination problems on a monthly basis. I have a short list of friends that have had these same problems. Nothing against Eliminator, maybe they build so many boats that you hear about the problem ones more frequently.

jamminjamin
    First of all, the American Racing 36' Daytona and the How Sweet It Is 36' Daytona were both race boats that at the times that you state had just been in roll over accidents at around 100MPH which would tear up about any boat. The Home Depot Poster Child, as you say, was done so they could get the boat back in the race the next day after a wreck in PX class so they would not lose points in Supercat Light!!!!! You see race cars put back together with duct tape if necessary to finish a race!
    Second, the gel coat cracks after a short service rarely happen. I will not try and hide the fact that mistakes happen..... sometimes......but at least we take care of our customers and repair the boat and not ignore the problem like I have heard happen at other boat manufacturers. You do not stay in business for 36+ years by building poor quality boats. I think that out of the 300+ boats that Eliminator builds every year, the percent of manufacturer error is very low. No one is perfect, all we can do is build the best boat possible and if a mistake happens......FIX IT!

don johnson
    JJ, I totally agree. I have a 33 Daytona that runs over 140 MPH and it does not contain a single stress crack and it is 3 years old. Could not be happier with the boat.... I am not afraid to use this boat and you will see me commonly running 120+ on the back side of Havasu coming out of the river in late afternoon in 3 ft cross chop, and not a single stress crack! I can drink a cold one at 100 MPH in that stuff and it does not go flat. Not too many people that can say that!!! Very well built, stable boat.
    3DO, for what it is worth I used to run in a 37 Talon Superwide in Supercat and can tell you first handidly that there is not a single "Race" boat in the circuit that does not show the strains of competitive racing! A Talon is one of the finest boats made in the world and ours showed the strains of racing. Bottom line, racing beats these boats up. You barrell roll a boat and guess what, shit is going to break. You stuff a boat and it is going to flex a boat and there is no laminate schedule in the world that is not going to wrinkle. You have an awesome Spectre, which is a VERY well constructed boat. You take that boat out in the Ocean, launch it off 6-8 footers for 20+ Hours a season and see what happens. I will put money down that that Spectre will show some age really quick! Keep in mind that these race boats not only race but have counless test hours having the crap beat out of them. The only thing that keeps them looking new is a paint job that covers the countless repairs!

Three Days Only
    No one is perfect, all we can do is build the best boat possible and if a mistake happens......FIX IT!
    If your going to build a 36 to run extremely high speeds with huge HP, especially with the owner of the company in it you better build it better and safer then you build your race boats, those race boats did not hold up well in comparison to other boats out there at the same time on the same course taking the same abuse in the same water.
    For the money of that 36' Daytona a Skater is in real close reach, pretty sad.
    Which one would you buy!!!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast