Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Ultimate 36 Daytona Rigging

Charley
    Congrads CJ!! keep us posted with pictures of the build
    make sure no one steals yer gel coat

CJ
    Thanks Phug and Charley! Looks like the 28 Eagle with a 525. I don't feel good ponying up the extra dough to get the Daytona. Maybe in a year or two.
    I'm upgrading for the same reason. My 23 Commander's freeboard just seems too low. Always feel like the kids are going to fall out. Need to make my wife more comfortable.
    I'll keep you updated. Don't quite know what design yet but may keep it quiet for a while. If it is cool, unfortunately I cannot stop people from copying it once it hits the water. I highly doubt Eliminator will copy it before mine is wet.

kidstuf
    I've been by the shop. Bob's Cat is amazing. That boat is going to kick ass when it get's wet. He is sparing no expense and it shows. Ahh . . . the benefits of building your own boats.
    I want to thank Charley and everyone else who helped me with my decision to purchase a new boat. Since Magic gave me the ream I have talked to more people about my next purchase than I ever expected.
    I have to thank Brandie, Coby and Bob for making me a member of the Eliminator family. Like one of you mentioned, I too got a chance to test props on a 28' Daytona with twin 525's at Elsinore. It was truly an honor to ride along with Bob; even better that he turned to me to ask my opinion of the ride, as if he didn't know. The cool thing is watching how relaxed Bob is at 110mph. I would have been white knuckled at 80.
    Brandie and family, when you guys get back from Vegas, we have to get together so we can put my boat in the mold. I hope Darryl got us all set up out there. Wish I could have joined ya.
    hi chris... we're back in town, however i'm leaving again tomorrow until next monday so just give my dad a call when you're ready to come down and get your boat started... darryl on the other hand, as you may know, still can't decide between the 28 and the new 33 daytona so maybe you could give him a call and comfort him...he sounds pretty torn up about it and we haven't even talked about gel yet... :frown:

Charley
    Just watched the freeze frame / offshore only video .... Jammin Jones is the man !! I feel quite stupid for not knowing who he was... My apologies and hats off to a bad ass offshore cat driver (even if it was a skater )

kidstuf
    Just watched the freeze frame / offshore only video .... Jammin Jones is the man !! I feel quite stupid for not knowing who he was... My apologies and hats off to a bad ass offshore cat driver (even if it was a skater )
    which one did you watch?

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223