Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate 36 Daytona Rigging

Three Days Only
    Im not saying there a bad boat, just not all that for the money.
    My opinion is you just get more from other manufacturers except for CABIN SPACE!!!!!!!
    Differnt Strokes For Differnt Folks.

castaway
    If your going to build a 36 to run extremely high speeds with huge HP, especially with the owner of the company in it you better build it better and safer then you build your race boats, those race boats did not hold up well in comparison to other boats out there at the same time on the same course taking the same abuse in the same water.
    For the money of that 36' Daytona a Skater is in real close reach, pretty sad.
    Which one would you buy!!!
    has anyone ever told you what a nice guy you are???

castaway
    [QUOTE=Three Days Only] those race boats did not hold up well in comparison to other boats out there at the same time on the same course taking the same abuse in the same water.
    QUOTE]
    3DO, did you not read that the boats that you speak of had just come out of roll-over accidents at 100+ mph... unless everyone had rolled over i think thats its pretty safe to say that it was not the "same abuse".

jamminjamin
    Obviously a man who knows his facts before inserting them into this board! 3DO...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But, I promise there is not a race boat out there that will come out of a 100MPH roll over spot free. I have personally seen MTI's delaminate, Talons come apart, and Skater's nearly destroyed from racing accidents. It is because of what we learn through racing that allows us to build safer boats. I am not saying that any of those boats are lesser quality or cheaply built. Eliminator is doing what we can to build the best boat on the west coast and hoping to prove that with this 36' Daytona. Yes, we are concerned about safety and the boat being able to handle that kind of power and speed, and that is why it is an epoxy /carbon fiber/ kevlar lay-up, that has been vacuum bagged and capped for the best strength possible.
    As for being near the cost of a Skater....maybe you should do some price checking, because I guarantee that equal power....36' to 36'.... Skater would be at least 6 figures more. I am not bashing Skater, they are awesome boats and they know it!!!!

don johnson
    For the record a equally outfitted 36 Skater will set you back $500k, minimum. With custom paint/graphics can push $600k.

kidstuf
    If your going to build a 36 to run extremely high speeds with huge HP, especially with the owner of the company in it you better build it better and safer then you build your race boats, those race boats did not hold up well in comparison to other boats out there at the same time on the same course taking the same abuse in the same water.
    For the money of that 36' Daytona a Skater is in real close reach, pretty sad.
    Which one would you buy!!!
    duuuuuuuuude, your idea of skater prices is whats pretty sad....

kidstuf
    Bob wont have any problems.
    Gary, how's that 40 treatin ya??

Jrocket
    dude, your idea of skater prices is whats pretty sad.
    You called him "dude"...now thats funny.duuuuuuuuuuuude..LOL

DogHouse
    You called him "dude"...now thats funny.duuuuuuuuuuuude..LOL
    I think we have a new nickname for Spectre Boy... Duuuuuuuude!

Jrocket
    I think we have a new nickname for Spectre Boy... Duuuuuuuude!

You have to say it in a Fast Times At Ridgemont High kind tone though..
    Duuuuuuuuude...

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast