Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate 36 Daytona Rigging

dtr352
    I just want to let everyone know, and probably make a few enemies, that eliminator builds a beautifull boat and like all boat companies acasionally there are some mistakes made and minor thing go wrong. The problem with them is that there service is the worst I have seen. My dad owns a 25 daytona, not top of the line, but this is no bayliner. After only a year of ownership the gell coat on one side of the boat is crap. The blue was sprayed wrong and has all but faded to the white undercoat. There are bubles in the gell in numerous places and it is only getting worse. The boat is now three years old and for the last two years it has bean brought to Eliminator to fix. Both years the boat sat outside uncovered for atleast a month and nothing was fixed. I am shocked that a company can stay in buisiness with customer service like this. Don't get me wrong the boats are beautifull off the showroom floor but if you want to be taken care of after the sale you better take your buiseness somewhere else. I honestly don't mean to piss anyone off but I had to vent and since eliminator didn't seem to care I thought maybe someone here would.

Goodtime$
    I have owned an Eliminator, im not on here to bagg on the thing but it floated and got thumbs up, i didnt think it was anything great.
    But instead of bickering about cost and build quality, get Nascar tech and take out some equal power to weight ratio boats in the ocean and let her run.
    That would be more fun than talking about stuff ehh?
    36 Daytona, Spectre, 34 DCB whatever else u can digg up, call some photogs and hammer them down. I think we would all enjoy that, and it would be a great marketing ploy.
    anyways, the ocean is free and doesnt discriminate...cheers

Three Days Only
    For the record a equally outfitted 36 Skater will set you back $500k, minimum. With custom paint/graphics can push $600k.
    100K for Graphics, who are you kidding. Grafix EFX will do a sick paint job for around 45K, really sick.
    You guys are taking the wrong stance im not bashing the boat, im just wondering if this boat was built with alittle bit of extra speed in mind. Obviously going with a carbon / kevlar epoxy layup some consideration was taken.
    When did Eliminator start Vacum Bagging first time I heard this. Is the boat Foam / Balsa core or still mainly marine grade plywood.
    jamminjamin..............
    How much would you end up selling this praticular 36 Daytona with those big ass expensive motors and #6 drives to a customer for 400K+.

Three Days Only
    I think we have a new nickname for Spectre Boy... Duuuuuuuude!

Bite Me Doghouse, You know where im coming from.
    This is most likely the first real 36' Daytona to come off the floor at Eliminator with a bitchen layup and some serious hardware. It's going to be intresting to see the results. Im sure it will do very well, they have been doing it along time.
    I just wouldnt ever buy one
    Sincerely,
    Duuuuuuuuude

Three Days Only
    I just want to let everyone know, and probably make a few enemies, that eliminator builds a beautifull boat and like all boat companies acasionally there are some mistakes made and minor thing go wrong. The problem with them is that there service is the worst I have seen. My dad owns a 25 daytona, not top of the line, but this is no bayliner. After only a year of ownership the gell coat on one side of the boat is crap. The blue was sprayed wrong and has all but faded to the white undercoat. There are bubles in the gell in numerous places and it is only getting worse. The boat is now three years old and for the last two years it has bean brought to Eliminator to fix. Both years the boat sat outside uncovered for atleast a month and nothing was fixed. I am shocked that a company can stay in buisiness with customer service like this. Don't get me wrong the boats are beautifull off the showroom floor but if you want to be taken care of after the sale you better take your buiseness somewhere else. I honestly don't mean to piss anyone off but I had to vent and since eliminator didn't seem to care I thought maybe someone here would.
    That was back when Brent was there!!! I hear things have changed alot now!! I have many friends with the same similar complaints, but for the record their issues were taken care of once Bob got involved.

Three Days Only
    duuuuuuuuude, your idea of skater prices is whats pretty sad. There, hows that...
    Whatever Coby............ Its going to be intresting to see the sell price of this boat, then you tell me if it's close to Skater pricing. DUUUUUUUDE!!!

dtr352
    Brent was a good guy. I don't know about his personal life and I don't care but I am dissapointed to see him gone. He was always woried about making things right at least for us. Bob however doesn't give us the time of day since we bought the boat. The reall problem I have is with their service manager I don't remember his name off hand. He quoted us four thousand dollars to fix a couple, 5 tops, minor chips on the bottom of the sponsons. Im not talking anything major. These were just small blemishes from parking in the chanel. For that price why not regell the whole boat. If you don't want to do the work refer us to someone who does. We were willing to pay to fix this as it is not their problem but 4k is nuts. Now when it comes to their bad gel work on the side of the boat I don't understand why they don't just own up to their mistake and fix it as soon as possable. Take pride in what you build and if a problem arises due to a mistake on your part fix it. I love the boat as does my dad but is it worth the treatment we recieve no way. Maybe its just us I don't know. For eliminators sake I hope so. Boat owners are a paticular bunch and bad gel on the side of your boat really looks bad for you and doesn't exactly attract possative attention for the manufactorer.

don johnson
    Every story has an opposite...
    I had some handling problems with my 33 Daytona after I added some big power in which Bob got personally involved, 2 years after the boat was built. It did take some time for his team to get on the boat, this is a busy shop. However, when his team did get on it the work was excellent and he did not charge me anything. That included the addition of a tunnel tab.
    Bob personally piloted 2 test drives at Elsinore to insure that his team had corrected the problem. The final test drive I got to ride along with Bob as he drove my boat which was a pleasure to see him work this boat. In the process Bob brought a wide array of props to test which was awesome. It would have taken me a whole season to conduct these tests that Bob organized in one afternoon. I have a number of friends that has experienced the same level of service and dedication.
    Most of the time the type of service you get from any business comes down to your ability to communicate in a kind, professional manner...

don johnson
    3DO, relative to paint/ graphics I was in reference to some of the extreme paint jobs that have been showing up these days on high dollar boats. Take for example the new 40 Skater that has shown up at Havasu, I can gaurantee you that cost close to $100k.
    How about the new $1.4 million dollar 50 Skater in Powerboat's August edition. This is a twin engine boat, (Sterlings, $$'s), but the horsepower and drive system is equal to Bob's new 36. Thats $28k per foot. The bottom line is Skaters and MTI's are way more expensive then an Eliminator. Realistically they should not even be compared as they are a completely different boat. Regardless of power, a Skater is a race boat. Each and every one of them. Your Spectre for that matter is the same. It was designed and is manufactured as a race boat. The Eliminator and some other manufacturers build a pleasure boat with some race boat features they have gathered from racing experiance. Big difference.

Bre
    First of all, the American Racing 36' Daytona and the How Sweet It Is 36' Daytona were both race boats that at the times that you state had just been in roll over accidents at around 100MPH which would tear up about any boat. The Home Depot Poster Child, as you say, was done so they could get the boat back in the race the next day after a wreck in PX class so they would not lose points in Supercat Light!!!!! You see race cars put back together with duct tape if necessary to finish a race!
    Second, the gel coat cracks after a short service rarely happen. I will not try and hide the fact that mistakes happen..... sometimes......but at least we take care of our customers and repair the boat and not ignore the problem like I have heard happen at other boat manufacturers. You do not stay in business for 36+ years by building poor quality boats. I think that out of the 300+ boats that Eliminator builds every year, the percent of manufacturer error is very low. No one is perfect, all we can do is build the best boat possible and if a mistake happens......FIX IT!
    I hope you guys can take care of us if anything ever happens then. What is the warrenty on the hulls?

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast