Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warming up Trident #1

Infomaniac
    I have been behind posting the Trident engine build. Here is a little that will catch up some.
    Getting ready to send two engines to Trident. Will dyno them with the blower and fuel injection systems in a few weeks at Gary Teague's place.
    I wanted to warm them up, leak check and retorque everything before shipping. I do not have the blower, valve covers, ignition or fuel systems that will be installed on them in the boat so I warmed them up N/A with some stuff I had lying around.
    They will have custom valve covers, A Whipple intercooled 3.3 and MEFI 4 based EFI system. What is on it in the video will do just to get some heat in it so I can look things over.
    Ran the water hose to a "Y" valve and used a 160 degree thermostat. When the thermostat opens it just duimps out at a #8 hose rate.
    Pretty nasty sounding 7.7:1 family boat engine. The blower will smooth it out a bit. Maybe I cheated a little with the fuel mixture to make it sound healthier? Nah !!
    Warm up video (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...t1_Warm_Up.wmv)

HighRoller
    Only in Oklahoma!! I can imagine Info's neighbors love him. Between the alky snorting blower motor with zoomies and the dry headers against the garage door, your neighborhood must be about deaf by now! But the good thing is when DeWayne and his brother Darryl wander over to ask "man, you got a three quarter cam in that thing?", you can just wink and tell em' it's "stock"! After all, it will be stock OEM Trident equipment!

nmboats
    sounds good

Hotcrusader76
    Awesome work Ron! You're definitely paving a good foot print for the Trident Engine program. My hats off to you Okie boyz.
    I do have two minor recommendations though. First off get a TPC carburetor on that test cell of yours ....and two...
    get my guy to fabricate a stand like this for your Trident Engine Program.
    http://www.tpcracing.com/images/shop...nginestand.jpg

Infomaniac
    Awesome work Ron! You're definitely paving a good foot print for the Trident Engine program. My hats off to you Okie boyz.
    I do have two minor recommendations though. First off get a TPC carburetor on that test cell of yours ....and two...
    get my guy to fabricate a stand like this for your Trident Engine Program.
    http://www.tpcracing.com/images/shop...nginestand.jpg
    Thanks Ty and everyone. Yes the test stand is very temporary.
    You do not like the Pro Systems test carb LOL

Hotcrusader76
    You do not like the Pro Systems test carb LOL
    Nothing against Pro Systems. Patrick over there is definitely a role model for carb gods and is definitely within my cross-hairs . There's only two competitors I look up to, Patrick being one and Dave Braswell. There's alot to learn from breathing the same Dyno air they do.
    Maybe I'll have to send you a sample of our work. We're getting our new Flowcom for the flowbench next week and Superflows software which should solidify some designs we have up our sleeve. It's not the wetflow technology like Pro-Systems owns but it's a step in the right direction.
    BTW...that motor sounds sweet. The motor idling in the water should sell the boat alone!
    ~Ty

GofastRacer
    I have been behind posting the Trident engine builds. Here is a little that will catch up some.
    Getting ready to send two engines to Trident. Will dyno them with the blower and fuel injection systems in a week or so.
    I wanted to warm them up, leak check and retorque everything before shipping. I do not have the blower, valve covers, ignition or fuel systems that will be installed on them in the boat so I warmed them up N/A with some stuff I had lying around.
    Pretty nasty sounding 7.7:1 family boat engine. The blower will smooth it out a bit.
    Warm up video (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...t1_Warm_Up.wmv)
    Sounds great!..

Froggystyle
    Well, now what am I going to do with this chubby I am walking around with...
    Sounds awesome Ron. I can't wait to see it in person.

sounds great Ron nothing but the best from you.
    keep us posted

HighRoller
    So let me get out my Okie-English dictionary...
    Okie: Dyno Room
    English: Driveway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast