Thread: Who to pick to lab finish a prop? Is it wourth it?

YOUNG
    Looking for recomendations on who to choose to lab finish my prop and what are the rewards or down falls of having this done? It is a Mirage 25P on a Bravo one. It needs a little cleaning up and I would like to maybe pick up a few mph. Thanks

Essex502
    Looking for recomendations on who to choose to lab finish my prop and what are the rewards or down falls of having this done? It is a Mirage 25P on a Bravo one. It needs a little cleaning up and I would like to maybe pick up a few mph. Thanks
    Talk to York Propeller (sorry don't have their number handy). They did the work on my Mirage Plus 25P. The prop works great. Note: each hull is different sp you should talk to them.

YOUNG
    Thanks for the info.

Essex502
    Thanks for the info.
    Seeing that you're in the eastern half of the U.S. you might also try Throttle-Up in Florida...pick up the latest Powerboat Magazine....they have an article on Mark and Julie - the owners of Throttle-Up...a couple of boaters out here have used them with excellent results.

YOUNG
    Thanks, I'll check out the magazine. Is having this done really going to benefit me in takeoff,midrange,topspeed? I am also wondering if there are any draw backs from having this performed.

Essex502
    Thanks, I'll check out the magazine. Is having this done really going to benefit me in takeoff,midrange,topspeed? I am also wondering if there are any draw backs from having this performed.
    The answer is a qualified - Maybe. Props seem to be a compromise at best.