Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: DCB's #2 F-29 starts! "My boat hehehe"

TOBTEK
    XFactor:
    Sorry....Should have stated the finish on the boat is not complete. This is just basecoat!! Needs alot more work before the paint is complete. this is the new waterbase "flat" paint right? can you imagine how much clear will be needed ....getting a buz just thinking about it.

Charley
    Good Lord.... I heard it was wild......that it is wink
    should be interesting after the clear and in the water.....
    even more curious if that or mine will be faster
    single #6 with Teague 1200hp
    2x extremes 1300hp
    any thoughts?

DogHouse
    Charley, I think you chose a great setup with two big, mellow motors that should never hurt your drives and will also give you incredible all around performance. Has Dave given you any estimates of top end speed yet? I'm putting in my guess at about 120! Plus if that's not enough, you're all set up to add some boost since you have moderate compression. I don't know who will be faster to start with, but I know who will be faster in the end if he decides to step up the power!

jet4fun
    personally i would have to say that both of your boats are gonna be very close on top speed, heres my reasoning:
    charley is gonna have 2 motors which obviously is gonna weigh more than one. he is also gonna have 2 drives which once again is gonna weigh more than one... however, the other motor is blown which is gonna weigh a little more than one of charley's N/A motors, and it is gonna have a #6 drive which weighs a lot more than one of charley's drives... charley's boat has an extra 100 hp. which should offset that extra weight a little... also i would be curious to see what the total torque difference would be, thats also a factor... then theres the factor of drive drag in the water, charley has an extra drive to drag through the water,,, the same reason why dave doesnt want to put triple OB's on a boat because the extra HP barely overcomes the extra weight and drag of the 3rd motor...
    in conclusion i would have to say that based on my limited knowledge, the single motor boat is gonna be just a little faster because of my outboard theory...
    however in my opinion i would much rather have the twins and i agree with doghouse 100%... charley went the better way for a lot of reasons, mainly reliability, and upgradeability... besides nothing is gonna beat that hum of 2 motors over just one (besides 3)

DogHouse
    Now ya got me thinking... Charley's drives will likely be mounted with the prop shafts a couple inches above the keels of the sponsons, therefore NO drives dragging through the water! (except the skegs of course) The single drive is going to have to be down a bit below the elevated center pod or the boat will have a real hard time getting on plane, although the giant props they usually run on the SSM drives will help and may allow for a more elevated position. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with on the setup and also which one runs better! Anyone taking bets??? It's gonna be close but I'll put up a frosty beverage on the twin!
    -brian

jet4fun
    yeah i gotta agree its gonna be very very close, i just think the 1200 will have just a little more because of the saved weight and drag... of course i am just a little jet guy smile_sp
    still would rather have the twins though wink

Charley
    I'm not too sure either........tough call...... I guess it's just gonna have to be a RACE wink
    here are a few more I got today smile_sp
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0Mvc-019s-med.jpg[/img]
    Look Ma... twins!
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0Mvc-022s-med.jpg[/img]
    closer look at the good looking twin!
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0Mvc-023s-med.jpg[/img]
    a sideways look at the ugly twin!
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0Mvc-018s-med.jpg[/img]
    Crap that was carlos...sorry

CMABadseed
    Damn that things is looking great charley. Here's to twins! haha that thing even looks bitchen dry, cant wait to see it on the water.

roln 20s
    Charley,
    Looks bad ass, as expected. The engine well is so huge, you can barely recognize "the twins." Oh, as for my bet, I'm gonna go with my bud Dogghouse and say CHARLEY--by a canopies length.
    Roln 20s

mbrown2
    Charlie....boat looks great...blah,blah But really those engines sit deep...I am sure that some polished Whipples (in the future) would fit under the hatch with 0 mods....Looking tight.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425