Thread: help with a hei dist.

got everything hooked it cranks over has fuel power at the batt. side of the dist. but no spark at the plugs. what could it be? help this is all i need to have a running cruzer. thanks
    pat(slotracer)

396_Z
    Probably the module. They may last 30 years, or 30 seconds.... one never knows. I've have bad ones straight out of the box.

Floored
    how about the center carbon that goes to the rotor. they break off sometimes

celeb1
    I have gone thru this twice this summer. I brought my module and coil to autozone and they tested them. The module test works, the coil test is nothing more than a test of resistance. Both cases my coil and module tested good, both cases I blew the coil and I am still scratching my head trying to figure what keeps blowing it, maybe the tach lead? Needless to say keep a spare module and coil on hand, they are easy to change out. Also, go to Radio Shack and get a tube of Heatsink Compound, this stuff is a thermal grease that I use when I build computers and works well to keep the module cool. Spread a very thin coat on the module's backside and a very thin coat on the corresponding surface on the distributor. This stuff fills in the surface imperfections and allows for complete contact for thermal transfer. Too much will insulate heat, so go easy on it.