Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Are Hawaiian & Tahiti the same hulls?

gstark
    Also, the emblem on the side of the hull as well as the Coast Guard emblem showed that Glencoe boats were manufactured in Santa Ana. Perhaps they had a second plant to spit out these "quality" boats.

skijake
    what are you building now?

LS7
    Old Rigger,
    I finally got some pix of my "TIKI" to show.
    Also I take pride in this statement everything you see in the picture is original except the tunnell ram. No re-jelcoat no rechrome THIS IS IT!
    http://www.mindspring.com/~bmneal/boat.jpg
    http://www.mindspring.com/~bmneal/motor-rt.jpg
    [This message has been edited by LS7 (edited August 15, 2001).]

LS7,
    Man that thing is clean! Nice boat. I could have sworn that we put the Tiki namplates on all the Tikis that left the shop before the name was swithced to Hawaiian, but I don't see one on yours. Although there's not much room on those short gunnals to mount any nameplate. Did we mount them on the side of the hull, under the rub rail, just ahead of the transom, or on the dash? Hell, I can't remember.
    Shows you what I know.

LS7
    I'll take a pic of the coast guard plate mounted unnder the forward/reverse handle as that is where it is located.
    Also i'm looking at the Arizona Watercraft Cert right now it states:
    Mfg Name: TIKI BY SHUS
    The TIKI name plate was probably never put on as a request from my dad. My dad new Schuster for years. Schuster purchased all the brass fittings and valves from our company back then.
    LS
    [This message has been edited by LS7 (edited August 16, 2001).]

LS7,
    yeah, you are probably right about the Tiki namplate being left off at your Dads request.
    A friend of my Dads bought a new 16' Tahiti in '65 and he agreed to let Dick put it what ever boat show was comming up. He also didn't want the Tahiti name plate on the hull and Dick agreed. He put it on the seat where the little walk way was between the back to back buckets. The guy was pissed at first but laughed about it later. After all, Dick didn't put it on the hull. That was a real nice lookin' boat too, for the time anyway. All silver metalfalke with a black cap and target. Black seats too, hotter than a bitch.
    My Dad must of known your Dad as he ordered all parts for the shop as well as rigged
    (at Hawaiian), only rigged at Tahiti.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910