Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most popular forum?

Blown 472
    "***boat has a magazine?"
    Unfortunately, still no serious competition. I think it's great they added the "Special Performance Section" But I'd bet most readers want that somewhat limited (afterthought?) section expanded, include small Hot Boat tech stuff and move their primary offshore focus to an add-on in the back.
    Has anyone seen the radical format change Hot Rod magazine just did to satisfy their customers and wonder why HBM can't do the same?
    Ya I know...no serious competition....pipe dream.
    Granted, raw number of threads and forum posts not a scientific measure of readership interest. Maybe the offshore guys with only 411 threads on the HBM forum spend more time posting to a different forum? Like jetters don't have other forums to post to, too? But what if posts on HBM's site are a measure of interest and readership? Imagine that? Why not HBM poll their readership thru the magazine and ask the same question?
    Are they afraid of the answer?
    jer
    Jer, why do you have a hardon for everyone that doesn't have a jet boat???

***boat has a magazine?
    That's some funny stuff!

superdave013
    LV, if Hot Boat wants to make a living then they need to sell advertising.
    If they counted on the jet boat market they would get pretty hungry pretty quick. Not to many new jet boats getting built these days. I/O's and outboards pay the bills.
    They are doing more jet related topics and I think you will see it get expanded somewhat. I was talking with a guy last night about some up and comming tech stuff that you will be seeing.
    All I can say is......... Stay tuned.

LVjetboy
    Sounds good to me SuperDave. But I should've been more specific.
    It's not just jets I like to read about...but all small (24' or less) Hot Boats, including v, o/b and i/o. My first interest other than jets is v-drives. Blown472 will find that hard to believe. :smile: But v-drives and jets are enthusiast with the same passion. If you judge readership interest by combining both jets and v-drive posts on this forum...the conclusion is overwhelming. How could HBM ignore that if it weren't for lack of competition?
    Maybe HBM should consider gradualy shifting their marketing focus (from offshore and hot yachts towards more aftermarket performance) to bring in the same ad revenue yet target their mainstream readership a bit better?
    The special performance section is excellent, but there's still a void.
    jer

Jake W
    Up comming tech huh.
    The only things lately in ther was the direct result of Mike (Cyclone) snaping some pics and writing an article for it so does that mean we are going to be limited to what Mike has time to do because I did not see of their guys doing any thing but testing big Dick boats.
    Mabey we can learn how to put a drive shower on for the 10 time.
    I think they need to do some history type stuff.Like where boats came from and evelotion of them.Or where they went.
    And preformance shop articles.
    Boat Painters articles or gellers.
    Hull makers like Bill Scotten,Tom Papp,(V Drive guys can add their own)
    Any one have more to add to the list so they can see what is important to us as subscribers.
    Jake :crossx:

superdave013
    Jake, looks like you have quite the project going. I bet you could snap some high resulation pics and write some tech about your project. I think that would be something that others would like to see.

Blown 472
    Up comming tech huh.
    The only things lately in ther was the direct result of Mike (Cyclone) snaping some pics and writing an article for it so does that mean we are going to be limited to what Mike has time to do because I did not see of their guys doing any thing but testing big Dick boats.
    Mabey we can learn how to put a drive shower on for the 10 time.
    I think they need to do some history type stuff.Like where boats came from and evelotion of them.Or where they went.
    And preformance shop articles.
    Boat Painters articles or gellers.
    Hull makers like Bill Scotten,Tom Papp,(V Drive guys can add their own)
    Any one have more to add to the list so they can see what is important to us as subscribers.
    cyclone writes articles for a magazine, holy mother of god, and all this time he said he didn't, hummmm there goes the magazine article dyno correction factor theory. :jawdrop:

moneysucker
    I am still happy that we have the back of the magazine. I stoped my subscription because I don't have an off shore boat and V tech and Jet tech were the only things I read. I wish I could have a 38 but I wouldn't give up my little ones. You are right about the ads though. There aren't a whole lot of jets being sold new. They did bring back a lot of readers that were lost with the hot rod section. Keep up the good work.

Delta Jets
    I wish they would do more jet stuff in HBM when i get mine i go to the back read that first the rest is just throne reading. I think they could expand it a little do some stories on builders. When i bought my 74 miller i tried to find out everything i could have learned alot mostly on HB forums.Its like they say we can keep repairing and enjoying these old boats or they wind up in the dump and sooner or later people will say What's that an early model SEE Doooo LOL

Jake W
    SuperD I asume you are being truthfull in what you are saying.I do not have a dergree in journalism like Mike and others that write for mags do it is better left up to them.I was not trying to say Mike was not doing a good job but it is a shame we can only count on him for a Jet tech artical.When I assume he only free lances with them. And is not a full fledged employe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast