Thread: plumbing help

eliminatya
    hey guys was wondering if i could get some help. i have a blown jet boat with lightnings, i just noticed water in the oil. removed the headers, they look good. i dont think the head gasket is blown it is copper. my question is if i am plumbed correctly. -8 of the pump tees into 2 -8's into each side of the block, a -8 comes out of each side of the bds manifold and tie into a remote water manifold, the remote then feeds each header w/ a -8 line and the remote manifold also has a -6 line going to a dump. the motor never runs over 120. but i am wondering if may the pressure is to high. what is a safe water pressure to run to the block. never had a problem before when running bassets.

sanger mike
    can you get a pic for us, i have a few ideas :idea:

565edge
    Sam lets run it at ming?

eliminatya
    mike i can get a picture but probably not til tommorow night, boat isn't at my house. what are you thinking? allan well see. would like to figure this out first.

sanger mike
    im thinking to much block presure, I got the presure regulator by-pass kit from hi-techperformance.com. im sure you could make one. I realy like the way it works.

565edge
    Sam how do you dump your water now.Is the only dump the one from the headers and the -08 t off before the headers?Put a guage in the port in your innercooler and take it to lopez and check.Put your blower headers on and bring it to ming.

Infomaniac
    Copper gaskets? :idea: :idea: :idea:

eliminatya
    no intercooler is seperate, it comes from a pick up of the rideplate, totally seperate from engine. info do you think the copper gaskets are leaking, what do you recommend as for as water psi to the block for an engine like mine(blown 580).

565edge
    Why didnt rosland use cometic?