Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 460 FORD w/tunnel ram 750's or single 850???

jroos
    Tahiti, I built the MKV`s or Mark 5`s. I was an out fitter with Halter Marine in New Orleans. I set most of the motors in them. Set all the tracks for the standup seats. Set those big bitches on the barges to go to the airport. Floor plates, gun racks, hard canopies. Had to install stantions for the canopy because the waves crushed one on some of your troops. And yes boys, you`ll be glad to know that they are JET DRIVEN! We had two prototypes. One was fiberglass and one was Kevlar. One had three screws and one had two screws, the Navy opted for jets. I`ve since moved on Tahiti, supposedly the Navy wanted a larger version dubbed the MK VI (MARK 6). Did this happen yet? I`m sure that John Dane will get the contract if they do. Waiting on funding I understood. This boat was going to be a wave piercing missle.

jroos
    I can also assure you that the CFM formula must be for running extremely high altitude, Like MT. everest. Rule of thumb, whatever you figure the formula gives you add 100 cfm and you`ll be on the money.

Navy's Mark VI jetboat link.
    http://www.boats.dt.navy.mil/pg2/MK5.htm

Whoopsie. Excuse me Mark V. That's one badass jetboat.

jimmmyb
    hey squirtcha what website do i go to for the gatling guns?

jroos
    The Baddest Jet Boat! Get an eggbeater to build a bigger one and faster. NOT!

Last night they had a special on the Discovery Channel and they showed this bad boy in action jet. Pretty impressive stuff. The thing's fast for being that big and heavy.

jroos
    It can come to a complete stop in the same distance as it is long. At full speed. The entire bow goes under. Saw them do it in the lake. Navy personnel of course.

Racing Ray
    PonPon has given some good advice. I don't agree with the carb sizing but if you don't know how to tune Holley's you better make friends with someone who does know how.
    Once tuned they are actually a much better set-up. The changes in adjusted altitude won't affect it as much as they do a single carb set-up.
    The reason you don't see more Super Gas and Super Comp cars running them is a problem with consistancy while using a throttlestop. It has nothing to do with being faster or not. A Properly tuned TR will outpower a single set-up anytime period!
    I run one on my S/G car and pay the penalty in consistancy. I do this because I like to run as much MPH as I can. The TR adds about 5 mph to my car.
    The consistancy problem comes in due to the stop itself and the slop in the available linkages. Remember we are trying to duplicate the same exact ET within a couple of thousandths of a second and must do so to win, round after round.
    All of this would not even be considered in a river racer. When I bought my sons jet boat it came with a TR and 2 650VS Holleys. It ran like crap wouldn't idle, flat spots, and died everytime you lifted. An hour later it purred like a kitten. Be prepared to learn about Holleys if you want it to work right.

jroos
    Ray, I understand on a performance level, but I really don`t care how fast I am. I already know that I`m in the 70`s. That`s fine with me. I`m never gonna be the baddest, learned it from cars, always someone will beat you! I just wanna relax, look cool, have a good time, and want my boat to turn heads like a MOTHER! Get the point? If I wanted to kick ass here in LA, I`d a bought a bass boat and converted it to a light weight haul ass missle. I like my beeers, and so do all my friends. I don`t want to pull up at the launch and worry about scrathes and driving a big ass offshore rig home. Hell, I had a good day and want to sleep! I live in the real world, not BS, v-drives are a lot of work, especially on a circuit! Don`t try and tell me different. I use to run cars, that were street legal. If you can`t show it off then it ain`t worth havin`. That`s it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast