Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: any plumbers out there???

spute
    I think i may need help! THere is a faint sound of water running throughout my house but there is no faucet on, toilet running, sprinkler, or anything running. any ideas?
    i've already had my house flood twice...

MRS FLYIN VEE
    I think i may need help! THere is a faint sound of water running throughout my house but there is no faucet on, toilet running, sprinkler, or anything running. any ideas?
    i've already had my house flood twice...
    do you have galvanized piping? and /or a recirculating line?

MRS FLYIN VEE
    well to me it sounds like a leak under the house.. or can you here it in a wall..
    also do you have the same pressure at every fixture in the house.. if the leak is in the wall it will be at the fixture with the less pressure..

LASERRAY
    Check your water meter. Is it moving with no demand? If so, leaky pipe(s)?. Do you have a automatic sprinkler system? ( Leaky anti-syphon valve)? Do you have a water softener? Is it re-generating? :idea:

spute
    do you have galvanized piping? and /or a recirculating line?
    i'm not sure. i am able to see a bunch of copper lines running thru the crawl space under my stairs.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    i'm not sure. i am able to see a bunch of copper lines running thru the crawl space under my stairs.
    more then likely you are all copper then.. is that where you here the water?

LASERRAY
    Need a plumber
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ean-med.JPGCan I check her pipes, and anti-syphon valve? :eat: :wink:

spute
    well to me it sounds like a leak under the house.. or can you here it in a wall..
    also do you have the same pressure at every fixture in the house.. if the leak is in the wall it will be at the fixture with the less pressure..
    damn. we are leaving for 6 days tomorrow. i did turn the main off and the noise went away. i bet your right...leaky under house..

spute
    more then likely you are all copper then.. is that where you here the water?
    i hear the noise at any water source (sinks, washer, etc) but it is strongest at my shower in the master bedroom (upstairs.)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast