Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kachina Power Boats

Dr. Eagle
    I'll give em a look see, but I am not sure I ever want a new boat again... the depreciation on my Eagle killed me... :frown:
    But if I call em, I'll be sure to tell them that the Flannigans or Finnigans :clover: Leprechauns or some Irish named couple sent me... :supp:

Debbolas
    Like I said leave the trailer out a little. Also, don't put it in neutral at the last second, the boat will cock off to the side.
    I didn't edit anything. Thanks for the Props again. Gosh you are such a sweetheart.
    I don't put it in neutral at the last second, we need all the power we can get to get up into that "high" trailer.........Our friends had trouble this weekend as well, and they have been boating longer than we have. So you never have trouble with your trailer? :angry2: It's for me, more than anything, I wonder if I am putting the trailer too deep. Do you put your wheels underwater?
    and the name is FLANAGAN, a good irish name :clover:

Dr. Eagle
    I don't put it in neutral at the last second, we need all the power we can get to get up into that "high" trailer.........Our friends had trouble this weekend as well, and they have been boating longer than we have. So you never have trouble with your trailer? :angry2: It's for me, more than anything, I wonder if I am putting the trailer too deep. Do you put your wheels underwater?
    and the name is FLANAGAN, a good irish name :clover:
    Just kidding Ms. Flanagan... from Mr. Red Hair Eagle of Irish/Norwegian heritage.
    NOw about that trailer. With my 30 foot Eagle, depending on the ramp angle, I used to leave about 3 or 4 feet of the bunks out of the water and drive it up. I had done it in strong cross wind/current situations (I had the local commander from the Coast Guard Aux. that was at the ramp doing courtesy exams, run up and tell me he'd never seen someone put such a large boat on like that in those conditions) out in the Delta.
    If you leave enough of the trailer out of the water, it will center itself. I never had a problem with it w/o the guides. :shift:

Debbolas
    Interesting.................(and I am from Scottish and Greek and Wales and Southern ...been in the South so long they don't know where they came from, re-inact the "War between the States" because there was nothing Civil about it) Thank you very much....LOL
    So you don't put your trailer wheels under water?

Dr. Eagle
    Interesting.................(and I am from Scottish and Greek and Wales and Southern ...been in the South so long they don't know where they came from, re-inact the "War between the States" because there was nothing Civil about it) Thank you very much....LOL
    So you don't put your trailer wheels under water?
    Yes the wheels are submerged and a 3 to 4 foot length of the bunks are out of the water. I got it on straight every time but once... and I just touched the fenders with the chine.
    Yeah and I was trying to think of the conflict between Irish and Vikings... but all the Vikings ever did was rape, pillage and drink a lot... the irish just drink a lot... So I'll make the irish part of me the bar keep.

Debbolas
    ..............as long as your not Turkish............. :lightsabe
    I do that as well, and the boat, floats off the trailer...........

Dr. Eagle
    Then I think you have it in too deep... it is best to drive the boat up the trailer bunks the last couple of feet with the engine. the boat will be on there right and no dings...
    Hard to say w/o seeing you load it up. Btw when do you get the "skullduggery" back?

Dr. Eagle
    People have called me a TURKEY before, but never Turkish... :jawdrop:

Debbolas
    unknown at this point,
    will investigate further,
    alien alert!
    alien alert!
    (We aren't in a rush, nothing going on for awhile.................) :burningm:

Dr. Eagle
    unknown at this point,
    will investigate further,
    alien alert!
    alien alert!
    (We aren't in a rush, nothing going on for awhile.................) :burningm:
    Roger that SKULLduggery... copy alien alert... :lightsabe
    I find your lack of faith DISTURBING....
    LOL, just had to say that!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast