Thread: SPECTRABRENT and others

dropkeel
    I need help finding pictures and other information on Placecraft boats.Just cannot get enough! He He! Any links would be appreciated!
    chracing@hotmail.com

superdave013
    I know Frank Place fairly well and could put you in touch with him. Oh, but if I remember right I'm the guy that didn't know anything.

spectras only
    Dropkeel,I'll try to find some in my old Hot Boat mags,also in the predecessor of Hot Boat called popular Performance Boat.I got some issues that goes back to 1978.

SPECTRABRENT
    Spectrasonly,
    Tell me what issues you have in the Popular Performance Boat and I will buy them from you. I have a huge collection of boat mags. Tthat date back to the early 1950's. I may have to trade you for some Spectra T-shirts.

spectras only
    OK Brent, I'll do an inventory tonigth.

spectras only
    Hi Dropkeel,I'm still looking for some pictures for placecraft,in the meantime there's a little info.The Place brothers had a placecraft boat called "Going Places" that broke the 150 MPH barrier for jetboats.Guitarmaker Bernie Rico was competing in one with a Donovan engined blown jet called "Rich Bich".I remember seeing him in this boat in one of my magazine that I have trouble finding.The Place brothers got out of racing probably around 1982 and focused on their placdiverter buiseness I guess.