Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smokin in the cove

DUECE'SDAD
    Any one plan on going to smokin in the cove next month? I am planing on cruising up from tulsa area for the first time, i hear it is the race to go to its balls out they say. I am guessing that sunday would be the best day to go since it is the finals any body know? I guess if i went Saturday i could see all of the boats since the ones that get beat will most likely leave is this correct? Its been years since i have been to an sanctioned drag races , possibly even before i had my drivers licences we used to go out to Choueta Bend

UBFJ #454
    "Da Cove", as a few of us out here call it, is The "BEST $$,$$$.$$ RACE" in the Country for DragBoat Racers ... Too Bad that it's only for Open Boats ... No Capsule Boats Allowed! Fastest Bracket Class, 6.0 Second (1,000 ft. course), Pays $10,000.00 + Low Qualifying $$$$.$$. It is Truly a Driver's AND Builder's Race ... You don't go unless "Your Dialed In" and Can Drive, Period.
    If in the next four races out here in the West this year we complete "Dialing In" Our Black Boat ... We'll Consider, "Think Very Hard" about towing back to Arkansas for '05 ... Can't this year cause we're in the UBFJ Points Race @ Ming w/The NJBA and our next race there is the same weekend ... Next year, We'll See ... Might even go back "A Bit Early" and Race Evansville (SLDBA) and visit the Farm up in Missouri. '05 YTBD.

Cbrown
    What part of Arkansas is the race located? If not too far I may drive down from Memphis to watch.

Infomaniac
    Around Hot Springs.
    My Dad is here this weekend from Memphis. He lives in Germantown.
    I went to Bartlett High School for a short time.

Cbrown
    I live in Arlington. I went to CBHS but played baseball with or against a lot of people from Bartlett. When did you live here?

Dog
    Malvern, AR
    Smokin in the Cove (http://www.smokininthecove.com/)
    Driving Directions (http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=x...y=us&terr=3005)

Rocket2003
    I'll be there! #333 9-second class! :lightsabe There's not a better boat race in the country (IMHO) and the cash ain't too bad either,,,,, $10,000.00 for the Top dog in the 6-second class! :jawdrop:
    Ya'll better send in your entry $$$ if ya wana run! There are only 130 spots, and 1/2 are already sold!
    Here's the COVE!
    http://www.smokinthecove.com/images/smokin_pic_bg.jpg

Brack
    I think a couple of us Allison boyz from the Tulsa area will be there,

Rocket2003
    Ya'll better send in your entry $$$$ fast! There are already over 70 entries sold, and they only have 130 spots! I was talking toi Scotty sEastrom at Bryan race and he said there were at lest 25 new guys going to try and make the cut this year!
    FYI you have to have raced at lest one sanctioned event and bring a time slip with ya! There will only be 64 boats that qualify for the BIG $$$ on Sunday! :messedup:
    The racing is very tight! :boxingguy Last year I was #1 Qualifier in the 9-second class with a .003 and second was a .004 and third was a .004! :supp: The top 16 boats were all under a .064 with the first 12 under a .016! :supp: :supp: :supp: Yeah, I got put on the trailer first round on Sunday, Broke out!!!!! :hammerhea
    I don't expect to be in the money on Sunday, But plan on having one hell of a time with the Best 130 Bracket racers in the Country!
    Don't miss it!

Rocket2003
    SEPTEMBER 24, 25, 26
    It's down to get ready time for SMOKIN IN THE COVE. If you want some FREE publicity and maybe a picture in the local paper(s), they want to print a decent article, sent in PICTURES, A WRITEUP ABOUT YOU OR YOUR TEAM, OR SPONSOR OR WHATEVER!
    We all like to see our names in print, so you have to tell them so they can write an article. The newspaper did this last year for some of the racers, but we could use more information from more racers. So delegate the chore to the "GIT R DONE" person and get in info in the mail. And you would mail this info to:
    MALVERN DAILY RECORD
    MARK BIVENS--SPORTS EDITOR
    P.O. BOX 70
    MALVERN, AR. 72104)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast