Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feel like flying this week

Crane accident?!?! Do tell...

Dr. Eagle
    :yuk: Oh, and I flew from Sacto to OC yesterday... :yuk:

Dr. Eagle
    Crane accident?!?! Do tell...
    Loooong story.

A friend of my dad's was a huge manitowoc driver, he had all sorts of good stories.
    Save yours for another thread...

Dr. Eagle
    A friend of my dad's was a huge manitowoc driver, he had all sorts of good stories.
    Save yours for another thread...
    When that crane started the job it was a 300 foot + 80 of jib foot jib 250 ton American crawler crane. When it finished it was 200 tons of scrap iron... and two coworkers were dead and 3 in the hospital.

Were you one of the 3 or just on site?

beyondhelpin
    Used to be a lineservice Manager for Mercury at BUR, and we had the contract to do at the time and this will date me Alaska Airlines and Continental A/l's Baggage and fueling ops
    Well we had one guy who was a pain in the ass, so after the a/c had landed i went over and told said employee that he had to get the LAV cart and bring it over here, i opened the panel pulled the T and pushed it right back in So when employee comes over and is having a hard time removing the cover i told him it was probably ice and to give it a minute, well stubborn guy that he was he removed that cap and got drenched!!! cussed me out on the ramp in front of deplaining pax and i fired him on the spot, he came to pick up his check at the end of the week and was still a beautiful lite blue shade.
    I still laugh at the time he took of with out disconnecting the lav cart from the tug and stretched the hose till it broke and there were turd floating towards the runway drains as passengers stepped over it. we were doing 727's and at that time DC9's amazing this biz
    Thats ****ed up. If I had someone do that to me, they would have to wait to fire me after they got out of the hospital. How would you like someone to throw a bucket of piss and shit on you?
    In case anyone does not know what he did by pulling the handle is he dumped the lavs into the drain tube and when the guy popped the lid the lav waste water came rushing right into his face and body. Asshole or not nobody deserves that.

beyondhelpin
    That has to be pilot error. LOL
    Those cowling are only there for fire system containment. Well they might help for aerodynamics as their secondary function.
    There is nothing wrong with that engine.
    Oh yea, If I need lavs serviced I call fleet service.
    My mechanics will change the turd splitter filter and maintenance the system. 737 or MD-80
    Beyondhelpin you there?
    I would be more worried about flight control damage aft of the engine. Like an aileron!

essexjet
    That picture is awesome. When I get to work, I'll show it to some people there (Boeing). I don't think its an airtran, we have a couple here now and the paint on the engine is not the same.

Bryan Rose
    Today in the Atlanta Paper there was an article with the same pic that I posted.
    It was a Ryan International Airlines A-320 operating under contract for AirTran. The flight was from Atlanta to Orlando and had 110 people on board. After the plane made an emergency landing in Atl the inspecters found a 12 inch dent and punctures in the leading edge of the left wing, and the pylon that holds the engine to the airframe was bent...this occured on July 13, 2004.
    I feel better now, do you?
    Bryan

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast