Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jet Boater wants to relocate, but WHERE?

Jim Hall
    Houston and surrounding area! I moved from Long Beach back in the late 70's and never looked back....don't even want to visit Cal again. I am currently building a 3,000 sq.ft.water front house on lake Houston for $185,000. The boating is awesome everybody waves and nobody ever bothers you. C'mon on down!!!!

100mbs
    Hey NashvilleBound, What do you do for a living? I think that is biggest problem for me is to find work in my field that pays decent in these smaller cities.

Bryan Rose
    Texas Hill Country... :clover:
    Amen Brother , Heaven on Earth .... However getting kind of pricey.
    Bryan

NashvilleBound
    Hey NashvilleBound, What do you do for a living? I think that is biggest problem for me is to find work in my field that pays decent in these smaller cities.
    Um...good question. I am am part of an investment group who are building new houses....my wife has all the listings as the Real Estate person....I develope land... screw off most days... Boat at least 3 days during the season....my wife says I am unemployed...I beg to differ. Screwing off like I'm 20 still requires allot of work. As well I am a member of a group of successful business men who are starting to help others...like single parents... kids in general...we are even traveling to Haiti later this year on a ministry venture. I have friends in every field of employment out here. You need a job I am sure I can help. Whats your specialty?...(work )

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    How about some good old North Carolina! You get a full 4 seasons. Several lakes around, great beaches and mountains! Check us out! You'll never regret it! See ya soon.
    We boat on Lake Jordan, Lake Gaston, and Kerr Lake.

cookieman
    How's about North Central Texas. We live 35 mi sw of Fort Worth and live in a county of about 50,000. We live on Lake Granbury which is great boating lake and we can make about 6 other lakes in about 1hrs. drive time from here. You can boat in the lake or on the River here in Granbury. You can also boat on the river below Granbury or Lake Whitney. We have a 2-3 organized jetboat events here in Texas every year that are not far to travel to. I have meet a few people this year on our lake that were from Calif. and they just love it here. I know one guy I meet don't think there were very many jetboats here in Texas , until he meet a bunch of us from this area. The thing is there are a lot of Jetboats in Texas just so many lakes to choose from to boat on. Just a thought, we like and would not trade for anywhere else. Lots of luck on your Decision. TTUL Bill"cookiem

100mbs
    The wife and I are are also belong to a group of real estate investors. We just purchased our first new rental home a month ago. We are looking to build another one and another and another.
    That is my goal as well to some day "screw off during the day". No, would like to be able to not have to work that hard and just let my investments do what they are supposed to do for me.
    Currently I work in the Information Technology arena.
    Hows the humidity out there?

NashvilleBound
    The wife and I are are also belong to a group of real estate investors. We just purchased our first new rental home a month ago. We are looking to build another one and another and another.
    That is my goal as well to some day "screw off during the day". No, would like to be able to not have to work that hard and just let my investments do what they are supposed to do for me.
    Currently I work in the Information Technology arena.
    Hows the humidity out there?
    For the last few weeks our weathers been better than San Diego. But today we have a thunderstorm move through. Humidity is WAY less than Texas or about 10% of New Orleans. There might be 2-3 weeks a year its not friendly out. It doesn't bother me and i've been in CA my whole life. The IT arena eh? I am sure I could place you....what do you REALLY want to do tho....
    Did i mention car reg is just $65 a YEAR? Lakes are FREE...nobody cares what you do or how loud you are as long as its safe. For that matter I was doing about 75 Sunday when a ranger pulled out of a cove and was hauling ass towards me. I throttled down and he did a u-turn and bailed. Good humor. Like I mentioned if your seriously going to move i can send you some of those free magazines for info...If you know what your looking for my wife can do a CMA for you on available homes. New homes are running from $85 a sf to $110 for the top of the line granite....hardwood...crown molding everywhere. We have a train of Crowdedfornians moving here over the next few years..... $218 round trip ... www.iflyswa.com
    I dont miss driving through Escondido everyday going to and from work....its turning into little TJ.

Hotcrusader76
    If Jaime and I were to relocate somewhere other than the Hill Country it would be TN...hands down. I agree with Jeff on alot his points to the better life...
    this one being the best "nobody cares what you do or how loud you are as long as its safe.".....
    If I can walk out my front door and squeeze a round off in the air and nobody gives a damn than I am in heaven. That's the way it should be everywhere...but when you live in a shoebox governed by the closet than your bound to be limited on your rights or libertys.
    ~Ty

JET-O-VATOR
    ive been debating moving out of california but there are so many other things here in ca that i love... the river is only 3 hours away i have glamis in the winter which would be the hardest thing to leave for me... and then theres the freinds i have been hanging out with the same freinds forever and dont think i could leave em... but im sick of smog, traffic,assholes and seadoos (even tho i think seadoos are everywhere) and once i heard and saw the video for the country song tennessee river run i really wanted to visit that state and run my boat up there.... but even tho i hate ca i will prolly never leave unless its to arizona or nevada.. :eat:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast