Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Honda 450f

No Regrets
    Called LA Cycles and the waiting list is into October, also they are getting 6999 for new 05's which seems a little steep. So my next question is does anyone have an 04 for sale? And what is the difference between the 03, 04 and 05?
    Ive got an 04 crf450 and after 3 generations of of YZF's- 400,426 & 450 I switched to RED. It was painful, but its the easiest bike to go faster on. I weigh 250lbs and thought because the YZF had more punch, Id need it. I can ride twice as long at the track on the crf than I could on the YZF. It has a great powerband yet strong power when you need it. If you can swing an 05 do it- A couple of my buddies work at the magazines and theyre saying the 05 is the best bike made to date. If you cant swing new, defintely go 04. Majorly better bike than 02 & 03. Add a power now & a white bros pipe and the thing is unstoppable. No need for suspension work either- perfect out the crate.
    Hmmm, when did you say the 05's will be here :idea:

casean
    I bought the CRF 450 the first year it came out, and it has been an all around good bike. The only major problem I have had was with my intake valves. Both of them began to suck in and flatten out. Even though I continued to adjust my valves this problem continued. I ended up replacing them with the Kibble White stainless steel intake valve and spring kit. Now a year later the bike runs awesome, haven't had to adjust the valves at all, and with this setup I don't get the typical early "floating" of the valves which I experienced with the stock setup. I wouldn't trade my 450 for anything....except a newer model

Wicky
    When I bought my CR last year they were $6,299. I bought mine in UTAH for $4800 delivered OTD granted, I put it together and dialed it in which was fine by me.
    Mow,
    Wicky

IN2MX
    I have owned 2 CRF450's........A 2002 and now a 2004...
    I bought my 2002 at Bert's motorcycle mall for $7000.00 otd.....
    I bought my 2004 at LA Cycle in Inglewood, Ca for $6100.00 OTD......
    DO NOT BUY YOUR BIKE FROM BERT'S - YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF and it will take you about 6 hours of haggling to get even to that point....Along with that they are soooo busy it just takes forever there...
    La Cycle is the best place ever....No haggle, no fuss....Little mom and pop store that will give you the OTD price over the phone....You like it, come get it.....1/2 hour and you are outta there.....BEST BUYING EXPERIANCE EVER!

BOBALOO
    Ditto on Berts, I only bought my wifes bike there b/c nobody had one in stock and I hit every shop around. when you try to get a price there you HAVE to fill out a credit app. just to get an answer. They also DID NOT put oil into the crank case after I asked them if all the fluids were full and they started it and ran it, I thought all was good so we took the bike out a few times before I drained it and found hardly any oil. I live 10 min from Berts and I will drive 30 miles past them to buy from a smaller shop that can appreciate my business more and get it right.
    BTW all my friends love their CR 450's of various years.

Woodster
    Ive been riding /racing MX pretty much all of my life, and the 04crf450 is prob the best bike ive owned to date..The YZF450's power is very abrupt..Almost to much of a hit in the midrange..That makes the bike hard to ride especially for a beginner rider..Hondas quality is like a sore dick...U cant beat it! :rollside: Anyways I personally would buy an 04 if u could..I just so happen to have one for sale..

JetBoatRich
    La Cycle is the best place ever....No haggle, no fuss....Little mom and pop store that will give you the OTD price over the phone....You like it, come get it.....1/2 hour and you are outta there.....BEST BUYING EXPERIANCE EVER!
    I bought three bikes in the last year there, I called before the first two and each time I was in and out in 30 minutes I walked in on a third bike, it still only took an hour :shift:

ColeTR1
    Get an XR400 unless your going to race on a motocross track every weekend!

Havasu Cig
    My buddy ordered two in a crate from Canada in early 04 and he think he payed about 5k each. He strictly races these but said you can't get a green sticker on a bike from Canada.
    If you are looking for a bike to just use at the track this is the way I would go.

JetBoatRich
    Get an XR400 unless your going to race on a motocross track every weekend!
    That is what I bought for me a couple months ago works for me

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast