Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F**Cked Up Dash For CD Player!! HElp???

NOTALENT
    Your buddy does good work. Is he for hire
    Yeah but he end's up paying you..lol..I messed up letting him do this shit..lol

ROZ
    WOW that's expensive, new or repair! I was thinking a vinyl repair guy could do it for about half that. Call New Life Leather and Vinyl restoration. Like I said earlier, companies like this do insurance repair for bodyshops.They repair dashboards, door panels, window trim, bumpers, fabric, leather, and carpet repairs. Their number is 858-268-4401. He's down here, but he may know of someone up there who can do the task..
    We don't use no stinking vac. We use heat formidable vinyl and a heatgun to work the curves onto something like that... Takes time though...

NOTALENT
    I will give him a shot..thanks roz..

Mandelon
    What is supposed to go in the whole on the left side?
    I would move the stereo over there so you can see it and make it easier to get to, if you can.....
    Go get two 3/16" thick aluminum plates made to cover both holes. Then recut the hole correct size for the stereo face. To make it cheaper you could do some of the legwork and make a template out of plexi or plastic and take it to a machine shop. For less $$ You could even use a piece of 1/4" plastic sheet if you had to. Shape it on a grinder or sander.......install it with some allen head screws.....
    It will still be a little jerry rigged but will be decent and functional...
    Good Luck.!
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...achmentid=5199

NOTALENT
    The switch panel goes on the left side for the blower, bilge etc...I was thinking about doing something like that. But on the back of the dash cover there is nothing to hold it down..I was thinking about getting a sheet of plastic and a strong adhesive..glueing to the back after I grinded down the edges..this way it fits snug..and then getting thin plastic and melting it together..as if it was a weld. and then recut the whole...well maybe cut it first...this may work??

Mandelon
    Just put some sort of backing bar behind it and run bolts through it. Talk to RD, he made some bitchen plates for Bubbles......

riverbound
    Here is how I would fix it. Go to home depot and buy some 1/4inch masonite. make a tmeplate out of cardboard that fits inside the hole. then transfer your pattern to the masonite. you can then cut anoother piece that will fit behind the dash. If your cuts are clean enough coat the pieces with some resin then sand it and paint it. once they are dry screw thwm together sandwiching the original dash. Oh yeah and make sure to use the right tools for the job.

NOTALENT
    haha..thanks alot guys I am going to try a few of these things..and hope it doesnt look to rigged.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12