Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My NEW Ride- great story!

roln 20s
    Well, I finally sold my 1995 airbagged chevy on 20's. It was a great truck- sold it with 172K miles. Enough of that...out with the old and in with the new. I just picked up a 2004 Silverado Crew Cab 1500 2wd- arrival blue (and the last year too ). Pictures will follow soon
    Now...for those of you who hate dealers and sales people (I'm one of them) I have a story to change your viewpoint. Jay Photoglou (Photoglou on the boards) works for a Chevrolet dealership in Los Angeles as the General Sales Manager. The truck I was looking for was no where in arizona, and I had sold my ride, and was borrowing my dad's truck while he was out of town. I had only a few days to purchase a new ride--had cash for a phat down payment and preapproved for the rest--I just needed the truck. Frustrated with all Arizona dealers and sales crap-- I PM'd Photoglou late tuesday night. I got a phone call Wed afternoon from him--saying call and he could help me out. I called him at 7:30am Thurs- he said to call him at 9am and we'd discuss my options. There were 6 for me to choose from-- we picked the essentials options I wanted, and we determined the truck that was for me, all taking less than 10 minutes on the phone. I told him what I was expecting to pay...and he said he should be right there when its all done. I was politely waiting for one AZ dealer to see if they could trade a vehicle that was in CA-- needless to say, all of Thurs I waited, and the answer was no. At 4:15, I called Jay and said lets do this. He had left the office and said he would call me at 9am on Friday. He did, called me, had my application in front of him for GM financing for the rebates, was approved in a few minutes, beat the price I was expecting by nearly $2K. He knew what I wanted, and instead of making that the price, gave me his best price. I was so excited. I then asked what I had to do to get the truck--his anser--tell me an address to drop it off at. I said my house, in AZ, he said it'll be there by 5pm, and this is now 11am. The truck was in my driveway, delivered as promised, better than I thought, a few minutes before 5. I signed my name in about 5 places, got the keys and run down of the vehicle, took his assistant to the airport to fly home, and was ready to show off the new ride. THIS WAS WAY TOO EASY. No hassle, straight shooter, just wanted to make me happy. I'm 400 miles away, and MORE than happy. I'd recommend Jay to everyone--if you are in the market for any Chevrolet, or even a used vehicle, call Jay at 800-552-2646, Ext 114. You will be glad you did. I know MBrown2 is just one of his many happy customers as well.
    Jay--thanks again. I've passed your name to many people, my experience has even got people to think about buying a new car even though they hadn't originally planned on it. It doesn't get any better than this. You have a customer for life--and better yet, A VERY HAPPY AND SATISFIED CUSTOMER. Thanks again and keep up the good work.
    I'll take some photos of it stock, and then some after the modifications: 22' rims, SS Silverado front and rear bumpers, escalade handles, remove the moldings, flip the tail gate handle and add a hard tonneau, and then some possibilities of some DVD entertainment.
    Sorry for the novel, but for every good experience typed on these boards there is 10 bad ones. This a great one and deserves attention.
    Special thanks to Jay, Donnie, and Camino Real Chevrolet.
    Patrick
    AKA Roln 20s

El Chingon
    Great to hear he took care of you, i bought my wife's last 2 vehicles from the same dealership.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Good deal Patrick! Props to Photoglou for taking care of you.

Jetdriver
    Damn! Thats way sweet, WTG Photoglu!

Debbolas
    WOW!!! Congrats on your new truck, do you have pictures?
    I wish our car buying stories were like that. Actually the Lincoln dealer was nice. The Dodge Brothers left much to be desired. I don't suppose he sells Avalanches? Matt wants one of those without body armour.
    Is that GM or Chevy????

TOBTEK
    GREAT STORY ROLLIN! Ya know, you have to watch out for those big bad car dealers :supp: ........ NOW, if you want to pimp your ride KAB here on the boards still has his 20's on tires ready to bolt on, for cheap!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...5helo_skid.jpg
    20" HELO skids on Nitto tires....for $1200.00 but have heard he will take one "G" complete! Smoking deal!
    Congrats on your new truck, when is the new boat coming

LaveyJet
    Congrats on the new truck. It just so happens that I picked up a new 2004 Crew Cab 1500 4 X 4 last Friday. Had to get red to match the boat. Hope you like your s as much a I do mine. :smile:

PHOTOGLOU
    Roln, its nice to know there are some good, cool, honest car dealers still out there. I had a similar situation when i was in oklahoma city lasy year for a training class ( 3 one month each ) I had a 2000 xtend cab siverado, 76,000 miles, 20's, big sound system, anyway, I talked to Hudiburg Chevy, asst gm, told him what I wanted, preapproved $,and trade the 2000 in. went to dealer, had 1 2003, exact color dark metalic gray, dark charcol black interior,would let me take my 20's off, keep most non hard mounted stero stuff and gave me more for the trade, rebate, the truck was there, with xm radio, price negotiated, done in 30 min, sales kid dad worked as a mechanic and reprogramed my computer to accept the 20" wheel diameter, no buying another hypertech.
    Roln i'm sure you know, if you know the wheel diameter, the factory computer has a multitude of tire diameters plugged into it. mine are 285-55-20, 31" dia, it computes to like a 295-75-16, in the factory computer (31 " dia) discount tire gave me equvilants to the 31" stock type tire sizes, 285-55-20 are not in the computer, make sense, it also goes by vin #, i tired usuing the SS Silverado's 20", not in the computer for my truck, ask a local dealer or chevy mech if he can reprogram ? he only has to go to the tire section of the computer. did you pay sales tax in ca or az, i payed mine independantly, state when i registered it, then mesa, still saved nice to have a new ride i put a Gaylords Platinum 2000 lid on it, all color matched
    Huff, I charge sales tax based on where you register the vehicle

PHOTOGLOU
    WOW!!! Congrats on your new truck, do you have pictures?
    I wish our car buying stories were like that. Actually the Lincoln dealer was nice. The Dodge Brothers left much to be desired. I don't suppose he sells Avalanches? Matt wants one of those without body armour.
    Is that GM or Chevy????Yes Avalanche's without the tupperware on the bottom are proving to be popular, and yes we have about 35 on the ground

dicudmore
    congrats on the new ride Patrick....

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast