Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My sister-in-law and her husband bought a boat

MagicMtnDan
    They were driving in a neighborhood and saw a house with a used boat for sale. On the spot they decided it'd be good to have a boat so they went and knocked on the door, met the owner, and checked the boat out. They made an offer and now the boat's theirs!
    Nope, they hadn't planned on getting a boat, didn't compare it to any others, didn't check the price or have the motor checked out - just up and bought it!
    What'd they get? An 18' open bow Bayliner (I think 1995 model year).
    I'd rather be boatless - oops, I am! :2purples:
    How can some people just up and buy something without even checking to see if they're getting a good deal? And how many people are hoping for someone like this to drive by their house and buy what they've got sitting outside with a for sale sign on it?! It's every boat seller's dream

Bre
    Yeah but they are still one step ahead of you :wink:
    I hope they got a good deal on it in case it doesn't run

eliminatedsprinter
    Wan't to buy mine? It's a great little hull with tons of potential.....

MagicMtnDan
    Yeah but they are still one step ahead of you :wink:
    I hope they got a good deal on it in case it doesn't run
    Bre, I'd be mad at you if you didn't have such a luscious pair of big
    brown eyes that's twice today you've zinged me. :jawdrop:

totenhosen
    exactly like Bre said. At least they are out on the water while you sit in the bath playing commander of SS Rubber Ducky

Bre
    Bre, I'd be mad at you if you didn't have such a luscious pair of big
    brown eyes that's twice today you've zinged me. :jawdrop:
    My eyes are green thank you
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...5_redo-med.jpg

WUTWZAT
    I think he was looking at the bottles you were holding up, besides the true value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it. It doesn't matter what a blue book really says its worth, hell thats something I am fighting right now. I have two boats. 1 is a 78 ranger jet boat, I could probably sell for $5500 - $6000 fair market value, but the tax people here in OC seem to think its worth more than my # 2 83 California Performance. They want $65.00 on the ranger for value but $19.00 on the CP its even newer.
    Does anyone know the answer to this?
    Anyways, love the green eyes, did you ever find work Bre?

100mbs
    WUTWZAT-- Register the boats in Arizona. Throught he AZ fish an game dept. NO Luxory Tax
    http://www.gf.state.az.us/

Bre
    I think he was looking at the bottles you were holding up, besides the true value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it. It doesn't matter what a blue book really says its worth, hell thats something I am fighting right now. I have two boats. 1 is a 78 ranger jet boat, I could probably sell for $5500 - $6000 fair market value, but the tax people here in OC seem to think its worth more than my # 2 83 California Performance. They want $65.00 on the ranger for value but $19.00 on the CP its even newer.
    Does anyone know the answer to this?
    Anyways, love the green eyes, did you ever find work Bre?
    I know..... I was just messing with him as always :wink:
    As far as jobs go..I have a few offers... I just am not doing anything yet. Hopefully in two weeks or so I will be doing something. I have two that I could do right now.... and still stay home with the kids during the day. We will see how it goes

Lightning
    Just remember Dan a good deal is a state of mind. If they have a boat and feel they got a good price on it and the seller got what they wanted, then it was a good deal for both parties. Just make sure you recommend that they taking the boaters safety course or something similar so they don't live up to the stereotype of a Bayliner owner (plus get a discount on the insurance).
    Anyhow, I heard their boat is faster then yours. Maybe when they are ready to upgrade, you can take it off their hands for them. It would probably be a nice boat for you to step into.....I mean......a nice boat to upgrade to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast