Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question for you Mustang guys?

rvrtoy
    Which late model body style or trim package do you prefer? Saleen, Cobra, Gt, or any others you can think of.
    I think I like the Saleen over all better than the others. :idea:

JustMVG
    I'll take the Saleen S7 please!!! Don't i wish!!! I have a 2000 GT and like that body style and like the Saleen's for the looks and what the packages have to offer.
    Mike VG

dmontzsta
    5.0 notchbacks still own all.

v-drive
    5.0 notchbacks still own all.
    All of the late eighty's mustangs were great. I loved my 89
    and could be talked into getting another one very easy. Except I haven't had a ticket since I sold it and that's pretty nice :wink: v-drive

Squirtin Thunder
    I refer '69s & '70s.
    But the Saleen is the Stuff for the new body styles.

dave186
    any of the later fox bodies. the Mystic Cobras were sweet.

Kilrtoy
    Saleen All The Way

Hallett19
    My dream car is a 93 LX 5.0 coupe with a 5 spd, all stock, low miles, if anyone has one, I will buy it right now. I had a 87 5.0 coupe and a 87 GT. My GT had GT40 cast iron heads and intake, full exhaust, gears, all the anti-flex devices (subframe connectors,strut tower,4pt g load) bbk springs.... the list goes on, it was a great car, great looking, I had LX tail lights which gives a great look, I am still in love with it and miss it terribly. Those are the good ones, great aftermarket, great longevity, great performance, great looks !!

SoCalOffshore
    We had a '99 Cobra and loved it untill i got a corvette Z06! My wife wants new body style convertible.

dmontzsta
    My dream car is a 93 LX 5.0 coupe with a 5 spd, all stock, low miles, if anyone has one, I will buy it right now. I had a 87 5.0 coupe and a 87 GT. My GT had GT40 cast iron heads and intake, full exhaust, gears, all the anti-flex devices (subframe connectors,strut tower,4pt g load) bbk springs.... the list goes on, it was a great car, great looking, I had LX tail lights which gives a great look, I am still in love with it and miss it terribly. Those are the good ones, great aftermarket, great longevity, great performance, great looks !!
    My friend just picked this up a year ago. When he bought the car the guy had a good foundation laid down. To start it is a 93 LX Coupe 5 Speed w/ 71,000 original miles. The guy did extensive weight reduction, he pulled up the carpet and took out the sound deadening and foam, then put the carpet back over. Took out the air conditioning system along with lots of other parts that werent needed, bumper supports as well. The car weighed in at 2,750lbs w/ 180lb driver so total weight should be around 2,570lbs. You cannot tell the car has been stripped, you get inside and it has full interior the outside is full as well.
    http://werd.com/lx/rims/IMG_4004.jpg http://werd.com/lx/rims/IMG_4005.jpg http://werd.com/lx/rims/IMG_4007.jpg http://werd.com/lx/rims/IMG_4010.jpg
    It is nearly stock. The modifications are:
    springs
    subframe connectors
    msd ignition w/ box
    MAC long tube headers
    H Pipe
    Flowmasters
    This car made me fall in love with Mustangs even more and totally turn my back on any newer style Mustang. Driving this car is VERY fun. The car went 14.0@98mph w/1.9 60' in FULL STREET trim, meaning he did nothing different for the track. He put on slicks and it went and it goes 13.6@103mph w/1.6 60' all this from a car that is basically stock. He has 3.77 gears, cam, intake manifold and some other goodies waiting to go on, his goal is to keep the clean look just as it looks now but run 11/12s on the street in STREET trim.
    5.0s rock!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast