Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: .08vs.10

Wicky
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by EDROE:
    [B]Hey Wacky, that frog wont stop us. He is gonna look pretty jacked up after he goes through my pump.
    Hey edroe, they are shutting down that lake entirely. Can't fish. Can't ski. Can't do jack shit except look from a distance with all the other bird watchers. If caught near the water you get to dole out a cool $100k for the fine. Now lets talk who's talking wacky!
    Hey dank, sounds like they have you pretty well brainwashed for you are a soldier of safety!! Go get em!!
    No propaganda here,
    Wicky
    [This message has been edited by Wicky (edited September 03, 2001).]

Hey guys, How would you like to live with .04 b/a? I do because I have a class 1 CDL. and I am held to those standards all the time even when I drive a car, boat or bicycle. The reason[?] behind that rule is I'm suppose to know better because I'm a professonal driver. I take taxi cabs and never refuse the offer of a designated driver. If I'm caught and tested with .04+ b/a not only I deal with the court system and all the bullshit you guys will go thru when caught but I will also have to deal with my commerical truck insurance, in other words my ins. rates more than double than the present rate now of app. $6000.00/annually and it stays on my record for 10 years, not 7 and the ins. cos. also hold it against you for this time. Does it stop me from drinking and driving? You better beleive it does.

Wicky
    Sounds like if you had enough money to pay for all of those increases and you knew you could pay a good enough lawyer to get you off in court you wouldn't have a problem. It's all about the money,
    Wicky
    P.S. Drinking beer has now become a rich man's sport!!
    [This message has been edited by Wicky (edited September 03, 2001).]

Bubbledeck2
    058 you might want to do a little more research on the .04 bac. I asked CHP and they told me that the .04 bac only applied when operating a commercial vehicle. I have not seen anything in writing though.

Bubbledeck, You may be right but when all the CDL laws changed several years ago I asked the "proper authorities" and was told it applied to whatever you drove. My quote about being a "professonal driver" was the words of the gentleman I spoke to. I do hope you are right and it was overturned, I'll be a little more at ease when I pop a Lite at the lake.

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by Wicky:
    Sorry, I'm just being realistic ...obviously you guys enjoy having other people tell you how to live.
    Wicky,
    As everyone knows, I try to keep it pretty light around here, and stick to boats. I usually bite my tongue when a post irritates me. However, I will make an exception for you.
    We live in a society. This means you either play by the rules, or you don't. We all know what happens when you don't- you get punished- maybe it's your freedom, maybe it's monetarily. However, we are lucky enough to live in a society where we can make a difference. It's called a democracy. It's not perfect, but it's changeable.
    Guys like dankirk may be brainwashed, but that's his job. I would not want someone enforcing my laws if he didn't believe in them. Yes, they are "my" laws (all of ours), because we elected the lawmakers. Without lawmakers and enforcement (like dankirk), in true anarchy, your class would be the first to go.
    Since you believe so strongly in this, let's examine your options:
    1. Do something about it- Fight back! A silent majority would not be heard, so perhaps a grass-roots effort to change the laws. Maybe a letter writing campaign to congress or the senate, or get involved come election time. Elect someone that shares your views. Or maybe put together events (such as BBSPIII) with the proceeds going toward your campaign to raise the BAC back to .10. Grass-root campaigns don't take money- they take commitment. Part of that commitment is finding sponsors. MADD and the Sierra Club started the same way.
    2. Do nothing about it- You can just sit around the message boards and post your opinions, and look for sympathy. Perhaps you could relocate to another country that shares your views.
    As it sits right now, you come across as a bitter, little old man, sitting on your porch in Idaho, talking about the "good old days", complaining about the Sierra club, alcohol laws, gun control, being discriminated against for being 165lbs, and how "the man" is trying to take your money.
    I commend you for uniting boaters under your "Big Block Spanking Party". I look forward to your next post. I hope it is encouraging everyone to pursue option #1, rather that sitting around whining about "the man keeping you down". After 11 posts and 3 threads, it's starting to get old.
    Sorry guys...it was bugging me.
    http://www.websitemonster.com/images/pimp.gif

Wicky
    You are so right HH. Sorry I have deviated from the norm. I'm delighted that you are happy with your rights. I'm glad you enjoy paying payroll taxes. I'm glad you enjoy paying income taxes. I'm glad you enjoy having someone telling you how to live. My whole point in this is that everday it seems as if more places are being shutdown, more money is being taken from me to pay for some stupid ****ing program or stupid land purchase to save some stupid ****ing kangaroo rat.I ask you HH. Do you own your own business?
    If so, how would you like the govt to tell you how to run it?
    Did you hear that starting in 2007 there will be no pleasurecraft over 18 ft allowed on Lake Havasu? Why? Because, some beaurocrat in Washington whos never been to Havasu thought it was a good idea. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to repeal a law HH?
    It aint easy.
    When more than half of my income is taken away in taxes, believe me I vote.
    For anyone who has studied term limits you should vote for them, for it is a career politician that hasn't a clue about what the real world is like. The govt is a business and needs to be treated as such. Right now, we have very few real businessmen in DC. All we have are career politicians. Hell,
    HH I told my wife I was going to run for mayor in the next ten years. Maybe I will have to up it just a little bit. Would you vote for me HH?
    Wicky
    P.S. I was just joking about the 18ft law in 2007 at Havasu. But don't be suprised if it happens someday. So far, I can think of four places that have been restricted since I was a kid. Glamis/Nylands, Dumount, Pismo, Barstow to Vegas. Right now the DFG is trying to shut down all of the Channel Islands to all fishing. This shit scares me my friend.
    Open your eyes HH!!
    Alright back to spanking big blocks!

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by Wicky:
    ...My whole point in this is ...Would you vote for me HH?...Open your eyes HH!!
    My eyes are open, Wicky. The scary thing is, I agree with some of your points. FYI- some of those assumptions you make about my personal opinions and circumstances may not be true.
    My point is, how many posts does it take to complain? Wouldn't it be more productive to name specific questionable legislation, and try to stop it? For instance, ".08" started years ago- where were you (and the rest of us) then?
    For example, the AZHB site has been active in recruiting boaters for attendance at the Powell/PWC hearings:PWC Legislation (http://disc.server.com/discussion.cg...uery=998547662)
    So I gotta ask you, are you rallying the troops, or just whining?
    I personally would follow someone who leads, not whines. Before you run for Mayor, ask yourself, "am I a doer, or a whiner?" I'll vote for a doer any day.
    http://www.websitemonster.com/images/pimp.gif

jroos
    Would anyone vote for me? I`m gonna run for President. President of what you ask. Of the United States of America, what else? And I don`t give a half a kangaroo rat`s ass if my posts are not grammatically correct!

dankirk
    058, your .04% only applies while operating a commercial vehicle, 23152(d)v.c.
    Now, since I am "brainwashed", I will offer only facts, not opinions. Make your own decisions.
    Fact: CA dropped the legal limit from 0.10% to 0.08% in 1990.
    Fact: in 1989 due to alcohol related collisions there were 2,509 killed and 63,937 injured.
    Fact: in 1999 due to alcohol related collisions there were 1,170 killed and 29,833 injured.
    More facts can be found here:
    http://www.dmv.ca.gov/about/profile/...s/baclimit.htm
    Maybe some of the lives that were saved are people who are close to you.
    [This message has been edited by dankirk (edited September 03, 2001).]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast