Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: E shoe installation

Im the one ARS Marine is talking about, and yes we picked up 10 mph with his kit. It took about 4 hrs to install and worth every minute of it.
    I realize some people may find it fun to take out there motor and tweek on it for about a month and also spend tons of cash BUT ill stick to the easy way out with ARS's kit. And before you say OH but I have a big motor, SO DO WE yes we have a 500inch Blow motor so the product works............................................. ................PERIOD
    I think realistically I should see 5 mph out of it. If I get enough lift on the transom, I could see more. I"ve spoken to a few people with E shoes, and each was pleased with the results.

steelcomp
    Im the one ARS Marine is talking about, and yes we picked up 10 mph with his kit. It took about 4 hrs to install and worth every minute of it.
    I realize some people may find it fun to take out there motor and tweek on it for about a month and also spend tons of cash BUT ill stick to the easy way out with ARS's kit. And before you say OH but I have a big motor, SO DO WE yes we have a 500inch Blow motor so the product works............................................. ................PERIOD
    TunnelMan...where does that put you speed wise?

Squirtin Thunder
    Roostwear,
    If you get 5-10mph gain you will have one sweet family sleeper, and to top it off it is a FORD.
    Jim

Tunnelman, what boat did you put ARS's e shoe in?

TUNNEL MAN
    1980 bahner v bottom

TUNNEL MAN
    Roostware,\
    I would recomend a smaller loader with a V bottom. I found that a blocked loader or ski loader frees up the V bottom a lot more than the open loader. Let the Shoe grab the watter. The open loader workes well in a tunnel boat because of the lifting chacteristecs. ( I know I spelled it wrong but ct me some slack im drunk ).
    Ive found that the farther back you can grab water in a V bottom the better off you are. Dont get me wrong if you got some serious HP you wouldnt even be listening to a thing I say anyway.

steelcomp
    Hey Tunnel Man,
    How fast is your boat?

The loader doesn't have as much bite as it looks like. that's another reason I need the shoe to provide a little lift and pressurize the intake. If I had serious HP, it'd be in a different hull! This hull doesn't have a lot of V. Basically a Rogers 18 with an E pump.

TUNNEL MAN
    The boat we are discussing ran 84 mph before the Shoe and ride. The bowl pressur gauge would drop to zero at about 82 and bang the rev limiter. After we installed the shoe and ride we hold about 40psi of bowl pressure and hit 94mph. Take in mind this is the first time out with no adjustments to anything BOLT AND GO. The motor is barely breathing with 4 psi of boost 12% underdriven and 91 octane gas. Now that were not running out of water we are going to lean on the motor and pump up the boost and go big.
    FYI ... A/B Bronze Tom Papp impeller 5,900 rpm

steelcomp
    The boat we are discussing ran 84 mph before the Shoe and ride. The bowl pressur gauge would drop to zero at about 82 and bang the rev limiter. After we installed the shoe and ride we hold about 40psi of bowl pressure and hit 94mph. Take in mind this is the first time out with no adjustments to anything BOLT AND GO. The motor is barely breathing with 4 psi of boost 12% underdriven and 91 octane gas. Now that were not running out of water we are going to lean on the motor and pump up the boost and go big.
    FYI ... A/B Bronze Tom Papp impeller 5,900 rpm
    Most excellent!!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast