Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prop Question

That Guy
    Dinged up our Mercruiser Bravo 1 4 blade 22pitch that we were running on our Advantage 25' (496 HO). Want to have that one reconditioned and buy a spare. The damage was really pretty minor a few nicks at the end of three of the blades and a slight ding in one of the blades. We haven't noticed any cavitation or decreased performance. Do we even need to have it fixed????
    Hill propellers has been recommended to us by several people who live in So. CA. I'm not really familiar with how to go about choosing a new prop with our main desire being to get more top end speed. Do we need to get the first one fixed and then give hill various speeds and the rpm's we were running? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

rivercrazy
    My strong recommendation for repair would be York Propellers in Fullerton, Ca. He has done outstanding work for me in the past. Everyone I know that uses him is very happy.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    what ever you do dont take advise from KAJUNKA 26
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...op_001-med.jpg

surfer2001
    Go see Richard @ the Propeller Shop in Havasu. He's by far the best. IMO
    95 & Industrial, up the street from Winsor launch ramp

v-drive
    Dinged up our Mercruiser Bravo 1 4 blade 22pitch that we were running on our Advantage 25' (496 HO). Want to have that one reconditioned and buy a spare. The damage was really pretty minor a few nicks at the end of three of the blades and a slight ding in one of the blades. We haven't noticed any cavitation or decreased performance. Do we even need to have it fixed????
    Hill propellers has been recommended to us by several people who live in So. CA. I'm not really familiar with how to go about choosing a new prop with our main desire being to get more top end speed. Do we need to get the first one fixed and then give hill various speeds and the rpm's we were running? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
    I have dealt with Chad and Ron Hill both and they are great. Now I'll wait for the onslot of people saying I don't know what i'm talking about and they're right. But I know they didn't try to sell me a callgirl when all I needed was a hooker(J/K). v-drive

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Yo Steve....
    Give me a call...
    CJG

al cole'holic
    ...I have had better results from a balanced & blueprinted prop from York than with Merc lab finished props. I would suggest you try out a 24-26 prop first and get your 22 fixed up for a spare.

moneypit
    I suggest getting it repaired, but use it as a spare its my experience that a repired prop will never be the same.

bordsmnj
    I'm i the only one that thinks a 22" pitch is a little small for that boat? I'll bet you could swing a 24 easily.

Quality Time
    Go to Bronson Hill Propellers (714) 953-5010. Get your prop fixed. Go run it and record your speeds, RPM's, conditions etc. Go back to Hill and they will dial in your existing prop or a new one. If you just want to purchase a prop, Teague has a special on Bravo 1's.
    Best of Luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast