Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Help With Amp Problem

Who_Dat
    Ok, you are confused. It is all in the previous replies, however they are long and it is probably hard to keep it all straight. I had the system in my car (kicker amp/kicker sub). I put in a new kenwood amp and an old pioneer sub which I had in my old truck into my boat. I was having the affore mentioned problems. So I put the kicker amp to the pioneer sub to see if it was the amp not having enough power. It did the same thing. Then I put the pioneer sub in my car with the kicker amp to see if it was my sub. It worked like a charm. When I got a new car this summer, I put the kicker sub in on the kenwood amp to see if it would work. It did the same as the pioneer. So, I then put the kicker amp in the boat with the kicker sub. So now I have the kicker amp/kicker sub combo in the boat which is what I had in my car. The kenwood (4 channel) is still there, it is pushing the 6X9s, and will be pushing the 6.5s when I get this sub thing straightened out. So we can address the problem with the kicker amp/sub, the other combinations were just there to show that I have tried to figure out the problem by trying different components and the exact same thing is happening no matter what I put in there. I have also rewired it 3 times using similar configurations.
    The sub is in a 4th order bandpass. When I say "open" space, I mean the boat area with the seats, steering wheel, etc. The sub is behind the back seat, in a storage compartment next to the engine.
    All of the equipment is in perfect working order.
    I don't think it is possessed, although I haven't ruled out voodoo. It probably is just ornery. :messedup:

Who_Dat
    Has everyone given up? No more ideas?

ROZ
    Where are you located?

Who_Dat
    The exciting metropolis of Little Rock, AR.

Who_Dat
    I guess the experts can't solve it.

PHX ATC
    Put it back in your car/truck and order up an entire new ensemble for the boat.
    Problem solved.

ROZ
    I guess the experts can't solve it.
    We could if we could get our hands on it...
    You go from one 2ch preout from the deck to 2 amps. Are you using a Y connector or crossover to split the signal. Is your battery(s) fully charged? Perhaps the means you've split the signal has gone bad? Have you tested by running the rca ONLY into the sub amp?
    Ditch the bandpass, it will never work as designed in a boat aplication. It works in conjunction with the interior of your car. A good 250 watts running a sealed sub(or 2 , right Mr. M ) vented into the cockpit should do the job...
    If you wish to call to further discuss the subject..... Maybe a clue that you're not typing that we may catch over the phone.

Who_Dat
    Yes I have run the RCA directly to the amp. I have tried every combination possible to isolate the problem. IF it ever works correctly, I will run the RCA's to the amps in a series: RCA from HU to kicker amp, then from there to the Kenwood.
    I would like to talk to you, how do I get your number.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123