Thread: Rotted Hoses

flatnfast
    Has anyone had a problem with stainless braided lines rotting from the inside, I was not getting any fuel pressure and actually traced it down to the two hoses from my tanks to the tee valve, all the others seem ok, I run VP Racing fuel and from what I was told the previous owner ran av gas. Maybe a low grade line?

superdave013
    It's just rubber hose on the inside. The ones that came out of my schiada were shot too.
    Rex marine (Rexone) sells it, Gofastracer sells it and I sell it.
    I can get you s.s. braided hose with teflon inside that will last forever. They come with 304 s.s. CRIMPED on ends so you would need to measure it correctly. That is something I don't stock and will take a day or 2 to get. If you want the s.s. braid with rubber inside I keep lots of that in stock all the time.

Wildboats
    Yep, I have had the same thing happen to me. Fuel lines coming apart from the inside, enough to stop the motor from running. Funny thing is the hose looks new from the outside, and they were only Two years old. I got the tip from some friends at CFW, other wise I might of never looked for a fuel line failure.

flatnfast
    Yep thats what happened, i took the actual tank hoses and tested them with a smoke machine at work and sure enough they were both bad, so i checked the rest of them (which are shorter) and they were all fine.
    It can really cause a diag problem since there were no rubber particles in the filter. Oh well now i know.