Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calling all v-drivers...unite!

cyclone
    Freiburger is the man (even if he likes mopars). Look what he did with 4 Wheel Off Road and Car Craft, both mags were far better off after he left then before. Freiburger is a hands on get your fingernails dirty type of guy, at least that's how he comes accross.
    Of course Car Craft is now in the clutches of Jeff "I want to see 100,000 dollar Camaros" Smith, but I'm still holding out hope.
    We need a hands on guy put in charge of Hot Boat. Someone that appreciates the "shade tree" aspect of our sport as much as the high dollar, nice rug, look at my trophy wife part.
    I agree. Still, I do enjoy daydreaming about the types of camaros that Jeff put's in car craft even if I'll never have the cash to build one. lol

cyclone
    [QUOTE=Jake W]Mike I was glad you had a couple of articles in the new mag.But I saw you in that big 32 foot Schiada.:jawdrop:
    We all know the game it is to bad they will not take a chance to sell to the people that really read the mag.I have a friend thats Dad owned (it has been sold for a few years)the Procharger 42 foot Fountian and they do not knoe shit about the mag nor do they care.None of thoes guys rig their own 42s.
    We all complaine so much about the mag I do not see any thing drastic happing.IT WILL TAKE A NEW PREFORMANCE MAG FOR ONLY JETS AND V DRIVES.
    Mike will like this I rember when we would get the new MiniTruckin and talk about how stupid it was they went from the trucks finaly getting to the point where people were really starting to modify the trucks and Mike Shartist took it to a new direction of making the trucks look like Sport compacts (stickers intercoolers) ect WELL the mag sucked and they fired his ass and Lance Martz took over not the best but alot better.The mag will never be the same with out Courteney Halowell,Briam McCormick ect.And what did they do Started Street Trucks took a chance and it paid off.
    Lets Grow some balls
    I hear you Jake. Give it some time and things will improve. Nowhere to go but up at this point right?

mfrey
    Oh come on...you guys and gals don't like reading about the 40' 300mph go-down-to-the-store-and-buy-one boats, the $100k deck boats, etc? The v-drive section is a good idea, but it's usually lame, and the how-to's are aimed at the folks buying the store-bought boats. I was about ready to cancel, again, until they came out with the performance section or whatever it's called in the back. At least that was a step in the right direction. We need another Chuck Pierce to step up to the plate.

AzDon
    you guys just wait. I was talking to a new writer the other day about some v drive stuff. Might just see some build up pics. If you are doing something cool that's v drive related and are in So Cal I bet he would like to hear about it. Heck, he might travel to other areas too but I donno for sure. I do know he's totaly into it and is real fired up right now.
    As far as the Tech section, well I'll stay out of that one.
    Dave-
    Is the guy you are referring to currently restoring a 20.5 Campbell and hold a position as an auto magazine editor? Just curious!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123