Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Brodix heads for bbc

texas-19
    may have been the camera holder,kinda blurry.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Sorry, I signed on with Fiat I am contractually obligated for parts washing exclusivity. :rollside:
    Ok how about we go haves on female g-string washing

78Eliminator
    Ok how about we go haves on female g-string washing
    I think he would understand a little freelance contracting of that sort.... :wink:

steelcomp
    Excellent, to all the above!! . Keep it simple stupid...I live by the rule of KISS!!! We have a very similar philosophy where engines are concerned. Wish more people understood tha "whole package" theory. Lot of expensive parts out there making a lot of noise, and going no where!
    Thanks for your posts.
    Steel,
    Thanks for the compliment. . .we try. I have not cammed that many jets. ..alot of I/O's, V's, . ..but I can see your reasoning. My take on engines is that if you ask any of them what they do. . .they can't answer you, but you can build them to make power in a specific rpm range. Knowing this from the customer, I cam for a bell curve of 2000 to 2800 rpm broad with just good flat power. That allows for the car, boat, truck, whatever to effectivly move the mass effiecently. Gearing, props, trannys should be installed to work within that power range. KISS theory.
    Texas-19,
    Whatever the decision on heads, just remember. . .not one part is ALL MAKER OF POWER. It is a well built combination that runs the best.
    Got your e-mail. If you want you can post those dyno numbers.
    C

steelcomp
    Texas19,
    Well, in a round about fashion, I've come back to my first choice for your package, which would be the Lunati RRB-308-316. Another thing, you could probably get away with even 10.7, or 11.0:1 compression with pump gas (92), if the chambers were done right. You'll have a flat top piston with that sized motor,(or maybe even e reverse dome), and another benefit of the long duration cam is it tends to lower cyl pressures at lower rpm, "fooling" the engine into thinking it has lower compression. This is dynamic, not static, which is really what matters.
    good luck!

texas-19
    Steelcomp,
    Thanks for all the time you took to answer my questions. you mentioned 10.7 or 11:1 compression if the chambers were done right.What can be done to the chambers to still run on pump gas?I know every head is probobly a little different and some may not need work but what would you look at?
    Mike
    I can't seem to get enough-of-this-stuff.
    Hey 396,i like your thinking.Seems like you are always "on top of things"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345