Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultra and Progressive

voodoomedman
    My experience this weekend made me love Ultra even more. It's the little things that count. We picked up the boat at storage in Needles, gassed up in Bullhead and went about 10 miles to the hotel in Laughlin. We get there and discover one of my trailer tires blew out. Freakin tread separation on my carlisle trail america's. I'm gonna have to talk with them about that... anyways I am in luck because Ultra includes a spare tire in the price of the boat. Don't even have to ask. I know people with other manufacturers, one being Eliminator and they have no spare tire. Costs extra. Needless to say, the unexpected happens as this is a new boat this year. Maybe like the 6th time I've had it out. If I didn't have a spare I would have been screwed.
    Next part to the saga. I am prepared because I have all my tools but apparently not prepared enough. My jack wouldn't lift the trailer and I didn't have the right kind of wrench to get the lug nuts off. I call AAA and they won't do it for free because I didn't get the RV package for 20 bucks extra. Just when I am getting ready to pay well over 100 bucks for a stinking tire change at midnight I remember Hey my Progressive boat insurance gives roadside assistance included at no extra cost in the policy. Half hour later my tire is changed and I'm going to sleep to prepare for the morning on mojave on my beautiful Ultra.
    Thanks John W, John D and Bob and Thanks Progressive.

77charger
    blow outs suck.I dont think many people are prepared for them either.On my way to powell last month i got one in baker.My first thought i dont think i have a lug wrench for the trailer.Cousin says he has triple a.I say it might take too long and we want to get to vegas..We get the jack for the truck it worksI had a 13/16th spark plug socket in a tool kit i have and a 3/8 ratchet.Got all but one lug nut loose.try the lug wrench that comes with the truck not a tight fit but it got the job done.Now i need to get a lug wrench that will work with most lugs since i also haul a toyhauler in the winter and a jack that will work for that if needed.(I am glad my chevy came with gloves for changing the tires) Ended up a 10 min stop in 110 degree heat

NashvilleBound
    I have heard this story a 100 times. Get rid of the Carlisles and you'll never have another problem. John will totaly take care of you, even tho its not really his responsibility, the tires just suck. My tires and wheels that are on my trailer now will not fit a spare in that area. So I carry a factory tire set-up there so when I see someone on the road with a blowout I can swap it out for them. Three times so far...always a Carlisle tire.

phebus
    Let me guess, it was on an Extreme trailer. Why a top notch builder continues to use the Carlisle's is beyond me. I had nothing but problems on my Extreme with Carlisle's.

Lightning
    If you are looking to replace your trailer tires, Denman Tires make some really nice tires.

country1
    Let me guess, it was on an Extreme trailer. Why a top notch builder continues to use the Carlisle's is beyond me. I had nothing but problems on my Extreme with Carlisle's.
    Beyond you? Tom uses those tires because they cost him almost NOTHING!
    :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

jbtrailerjim
    I don't understand why Extreme keep's putting these junk tires on there trailers. I know I have my fingers crossed when I tow my boat across the hot desert. I questioned the Carlisle tires on my Extreme when I bought my Ultra last year and I was told the problem with Carlisle tires was taken care of. It sure does not sound like it to me. This is the second problem I have heard of on a new set of Carlisle tires on an Extreme trailer in the last month.
    Looks like I'll be wasting some money on a new set of tires for my trailer. So, I can have some peace of mind when I'm towing my boat back and forth to the river.
    I wish the decision makers at Extreme would pull there head out of there ass and put better tires on there trailers.

Kilrtoy
    AWESOME JOHN,
    But as far as Carlisle goes I have about 15k on them and I had my first blow out after 5 YEARS, AM I the only lucky one.

voodoomedman
    Looks like I'll be calling Ultra in the morning. See the service I get. It doesn't surprise me from these guys though. I will take my chances and save my money on a new set as when the condo is done I will be down the street from the launch ramps in Havasu. Not too far and low speeds

jbtrailerjim
    AWESOME JOHN,
    But as far as Carlisle goes I have about 15k on them and I had my first blow out after 5 YEARS, AM I the only lucky one.
    I'd consider yourself very lucky. I won't ever run any set of tires for more than 3 seasons. Nothings worse than having to change a tire in the 100+ degree weather on the side of the freeway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast