Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: **Quad Question** Not boat related...

79 HUSTLER
    If you had the choice between a 05 Banshee and a 05 YFZ450 and these were your only choice, which one would you purchase and why.. I need something for this year as a motor for the rail will not be done in time so I would like to get something in the meantime.. Any opinions would be great and I thank anyone for their input..
    Also my local dealer has a YFZ450T and I have not seen another with the T on it, What does the T stand for on this model
    Thanks again, KELLY

BLOWN HOWARD
    I would go for the yfz450 i like the powerband better than the banshee's, The cost is quite a bit dif too. I have several buddys with both bikes and both are great, you will have better re sale with the 450

EmpirE231
    I've heard nothing but good things about the new 450's, and I would assume they're a good all around bike. I never riddin one but when I sat on one I didn't really like the way it feels...it seems like you're on top of the bike, rather than being in theat comfortable middle (get what I'm saying?). we have a banshee, and love it. love the sound, the speed, the ride. if you go w/ the banshee, you'll need to get some pipes for it becuase they make a night and day difference. for duning they are set up pretty good...but wider arms and an extended swigarm are always nice. one thing for sure....top end, you'll never catch a banshee w/ the yzf

79 HUSTLER
    Thanks for the input, and still up in the air as which one to get...
    top end, you'll never catch a banshee w/ the yzf
    This is what I hear all the time, but what if you had a both bikes set up with identical mods (pipes, headworks etc etc) how with the two compare against each other..
    Thanks KELLY

bordsmnj
    in stock form the 450 will beat banshee(stock Vs. stock). i got the 450 'cuase i didn't wanna deal with a two stroke. if you ain't gonna ride it anywhere but the dunes and your gonna put money into it a banshee's probably the one to get but if your gonna ride it anywhere else definantly get a 450. most that have tried my bike step off and say"i can't believe that's not a two stroke". with a 450 plan on a re-jet,pipe and intake mod for full affect. i'd re jet either way. let me see if i can find the link to the 450 vs. banshee vs, raptor, dune test in one of the atv mags.

cave
    I ride a Banshee. Toomies with a cool head. This is the stock one. I love it. Great all around quad. I road the 450 and after lowering the shock it was nice. The 450 has awesome shocks. Good responce for a thumper too. It aint no Banshee. If this is just a back up for your rail go for what is least expensive. No premix for the 450. cheaper to modify the Banshee. There are alot of aftermarket parts for the Banshee. The 450 is still kinda new. Either way get a pipe for one or the other. It really makes a difference. You'll hate yourself if you dont.
    If you go duning around what is left of Glamis and need to go to the store figure a way to lock the seat release. B*st*rds will swoop your seat while your shopping.
    Oh dont let the sales guy snow ya. If he tells you that you'll smoke a Banshee on the top end. I love it when one lines up to my stock one with a big grin. They dont line back up for another after that. Good quad. Not a Banshee. with a good rider the 4fity has potential.
    Good luck.
    http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoti...t/sterb003.gif Seat stealers

79 HUSTLER
    in stock form the 450 will beat banshee(stock Vs. stock). i got the 450 'cuase i didn't wanna deal with a two stroke. if you ain't gonna ride it anywhere but the dunes and your gonna put money into it a banshee's probably the one to get but if your gonna ride it anywhere else definantly get a 450. most that have tried my bike step off and say"i can't believe that's not a two stroke". with a 450 plan on a re-jet,pipe and intake mod for full affect. i'd re jet either way. let me see if i can find the link to the 450 vs. banshee vs, raptor, dune test in one of the atv mags.
    That is great info and is just the type of stuff I need to hear. I say that I will mostly visit the dunes but am sure that since I am so close to many deserts that I will do that as well. Does a 450 come with a green sticker or does it matter on DMV??? Thanks for the info, it helps very much..

Magic34
    450 all the way. I wish it was just a little bigger. I went with the Predator 500 and I am doing mods to it as we speak. I may still end up with a 450 for the dunes.

79 HUSTLER
    I ride a Banshee. Toomies with a cool head. This is the stock one. I love it. Great all around quad. I road the 450 and after lowering the shock it was nice. The 450 has awesome shocks. Good responce for a thumper too. It aint no Banshee. If this is just a back up for your rail go for what is least expensive. No premix for the 450. cheaper to modify the Banshee. There are alot of aftermarket parts for the Banshee. The 450 is still kinda new. Either way get a pipe for one or the other. It really makes a difference. You'll hate yourself if you dont.
    If you go duning around what is left of Glamis and need to go to the store figure a way to lock the seat release. B*st*rds will swoop your seat while your shopping.
    Oh dont let the sales guy snow ya. If he tells you that you'll smoke a Banshee on the top end. I love it when one lines up to my stock one with a big grin. They dont line back up for another after that. Good quad. Not a Banshee. with a good rider the 4fity has potential.
    Good luck.
    http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoti...t/sterb003.gif Seat stealers
    That is some BS about the seats, phuck that shit. How do you like the way your banshee rides on the trails, would you think about changing to a 450 if you just road the trails and top end was not the whole deal??
    Thanks for the info, trying to get this figured out tonight. KELLY

79 HUSTLER
    450 all the way. I wish it was just a little bigger. I went with the Predator 500 and I am doing mods to it as we speak. I may still end up with a 450 for the dunes.
    Thanks for the vote, maybe my I can teach my wife to ride decent and just get one of each :idea: :idea:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast