Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mandatory Licensing and/or Training - Initiate Contact?

Essex502
    Now that the overwhelming majority in the poll favor Mandatory Education and/or Licensing for boaters, what does everyone think on initiating contact with a State Congressperson or Senator? If we initiate the contact as concerned performance boaters do you think we can shape the rules and regulations to our favor?

Sleek-Jet
    Before I vote, are you talking about starting this on the state level, or the federal level??

Essex502
    Before I vote, are you talking about starting this on the state level, or the federal level??
    Either....I'm just wonder whether it makes sense that if boaters start this action then just maybe we'll get someone to listen to our concerns about this before it becomes law...i.e. being pro-active.

Sleek-Jet
    Well yeah, we should be pro-active.
    You've got my support.

Essex502
    Good to know. How about the other folks?

Essex502
    8 so far...any more...come on folks...

LakeRacer
    Well you know I would.

Keithb87
    At least a "Boater's Education" ...
    When we bought our 1st Quad the dealer offered a "ATC training course" that was verry informative and helpfull.
    Licensing would be a good thing.

Havasu_Dreamin
    I think if we as performance boaters try and get this started it will help us in a few ways. First off, they will see that we are just as concnerned as everyone else is when it comes to safety and th like. Secondly, by starting this on our own we might, and it's a big MIGHT, be able to to have greater say in what happens.

LakeRacer
    I think if we as performance boaters try and get this started it will help us in a few ways. First off, they will see that we are just as concnerned as everyone else is when it comes to safety and th like. Secondly, by starting this on our own we might, and it's a big MIGHT, be able to to have greater say in what happens.
    This is partly why I decided to become a volunteer boating safety instructor. I wanted to be able to give back to the community, and at the same time be able to promote the idea that high performance boaters are concerned about safety. If you want to be taken seriously, you can't just bitch about it. You have to be proactive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast