Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Martinez Oct 2 weekend?

SD MIKEY
    Anyone else going? :eat:

copper
    Yeah, we'll be here. That is also the weekend that they do the Martinez-Blithe run. Not gonna go on that though. Socaldmax will be bringing out his new-used jet boat that weekend. See ya then Mikey.

BarryMac
    I think we're gonna be out there, do you guys hang on the big sandbar???
    gjb

SD MIKEY
    I think we're gonna be out there, do you guys hang on the big sandbar???
    gjb
    Yes normally we do, set up some horseshoes and relax! Normally park on cali side. We have a few other friends that are coming out and they like to go up river. I'll call and see what they think they want to do this trip. What about you?

SD MIKEY
    Yeah, we'll be here. That is also the weekend that they do the Martinez-Blithe run. Not gonna go on that though. Socaldmax will be bringing out his new-used jet boat that weekend. See ya then Mikey.
    Nice! What is the blythe run? Never heard of a run up there. How many people go and what do they do? How long does it take anyway?
    Tim and Cherl and coming out this weekend, along with Jay Jay and Melissa. Its gonna be one of the last trips this season. Damn, just when the weather is perfect. :idea:

BarryMac
    Yes normally we do, set up some horseshoes and relax! Normally park on cali side. We have a few other friends that are coming out and they like to go up river. I'll call and see what they think they want to do this trip. What about you?
    We usually go just above the big sandbar or just above Picacho, depends on my mood. We usually don't do the big sandbar because it gets so crowded but since things are mellowing we may give it a shot. What does your boat look like???
    gjb

Kwicherbichen
    Nice! What is the blythe run? Never heard of a run up there. How many people go and what do they do? How long does it take anyway?
    Mikey, I think that is unofficially called "The Reverse River Run". Basically, boaters all travel upriver picking up the garbage that a-holes polute our playground with. I hear the run is about 75 miles one way and they spend the night (camping) at Ehrenberg....or something like that. Personally never did it myself but I know folks that have. They've said it's good fun?

SD MIKEY
    [QUOTE=gottajetboat]We usually go just above the big sandbar or just above Picacho, depends on my mood. We usually don't do the big sandbar because it gets so crowded but since things are mellowing we may give it a shot. What does your boat look like???
    gjb[/QUOTE
    I talked to them over the weekend and it sounds like we may be going up river anyway. I will post a pic of my boat soon, they are on my other computer.

SD MIKEY
    Mikey, I think that is unofficially called "The Reverse River Run". Basically, boaters all travel upriver picking up the garbage that a-holes polute our playground with. I hear the run is about 75 miles one way and they spend the night (camping) at Ehrenberg....or something like that. Personally never did it myself but I know folks that have. They've said it's good fun?
    Damn that sounds like a fun trip.

Lightning
    We went up quite a ways last weekend, and it got shallow really quick - especially a few miles past Chimney Rock. If you feel like doing a cruise and testing how far you can get on full tanks of gas, you should do the run up to Walter's Camp.
    The reverse river run is a fun time. I have never done it, but those who have always say it's a good time.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast