Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone from Nor Cal.?

Hoganhero
    Anyone run lake Camanche or Hogan here? Or how bout the river from sac to rio vista? and all sloughs in between.

Hoganhero
    Thanks, kind of new at this.

I got kick out of Camanche several years ago. Was told to never return....Those people have no sense of humor.

jimsride
    I'm from Sac, Hogan is only an hour drive for me. where do most of the guys with jets go, what lakes? I don't like the delta, my boat sits too low in the water and I,m paranoid about getting swamped. I sunk it at Bullards two summers ago. It would be nice to meet up with some other jetters out there.

Cas
    Originally posted by jimsride:
    I'm from Sac, Hogan is only an hour drive for me. where do most of the guys with jets go, what lakes? I don't like the delta, my boat sits too low in the water and I,m paranoid about getting swamped. I sunk it at Bullards two summers ago. It would be nice to meet up with some other jetters out there.
    Jim,
    That's kind of funny, in my 20+ years of jet boating, I feel safer from getting swamped at the Delta than I do at just about any lake I've been to. I guess it depends on what part of the Delta you go to. I know if you're on one of the main channels where the real big boats and ships frequent, it's a concern but areas like where Tower Park is, it's not a concern to me at all.
    What's Bullard's like? I was debating about having a get together up there. What's the camping situation like? Are there sites on the lake or very near to it?
    I'm pretty fond of Rollins Lake even though it's not all that big. We'll be up there from 6/14 thru 6/20 at the Peninsula campgrounds.

BBB
    Originally posted by jimsride:
    Jim-
    I share your Delta concerns but like Cas said it really depends on where you go. I'm in the San Jose area and the most convenient place is Anderson Res. Unfortunately ***boats are far and few between so it looks like I'm going to be trailering a bit more to hook up with some of the others up here in Nor Cal...
    BTW, Rollins is one of the nicer camping/boating lakes in your area. It sounds like Cas is setting up a nice get together!
    -BBB

Cas
    BBB,
    We have quite a few people coming to the Tower Park Run from your area. You ought to hook up with them and join us, it's going to be a lot of fun.
    I'm thinking about having a get together at Rollins Lake next year. I'm going to see what it'll take to get about 20 campsites on the water at Greenhorn Campground. Actually, if it could work out, I'll see about setting something up for this coming Sept.
    The biggest worry at the Delta for me is there are some very blind turns you need to watch out for. I've already seen a jet boat come flying around a turn and broadside a cabin cruiser, it was not a pretty site.
    If any of you want to come check out the Tower Park Run but don't feel like bringing your boat, please feel free to join us. If you do decide to come without your boat, I'm going to be the first to forewarn you... you'll be sorry you didn't.
    We're going to have quite a few very knowledgable people there for a lot of great info, history and all around good stories.
    If I remember correctly, Hot Boat will be there taking some pics too, at least they told me to hold a spot for them.

jim lee
    Hey BBB,
    Your right, Anderson doesn't have many hotrod boats. And, when you show up with one, the rangers tend to bristle up and growl. I live at Anderson Res. What kind/color of boat do you have?
    -jim lee

jimsride
    When is the Tower park get together? It would be good to see how other guys have their boats set up. Rollins, I've never been there is it good water skiing? How about beaches for getting out of the boat? Bullards Bar is beautiful, but there are no beaches, but good skiing. A wakeboarder sunk me, I hate waves. Jim

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast